More freedom slips away from our American cousins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller

it is also useful when you are carded...

Jon Miller
    I haven't been carded since I was 16.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      If every citizen and legal alien hasone then it shouldn't be hard to get one. You just use an agent who's legally in the country or better yet steal someone elses and swipe the card as you enter the train. Unless it does eye scans or something then anyone can use it.

On an amtrak train one of the numerous trainmen who check your ticket presumably also check your ID.

Of course you dont have this on metros, many commuter trains, etc. But then ID is NOT required on metros, commuter trains, etc, as I keep pointing out, and no one seems to be listening.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Flandrien
        Pretty soon, I will not have just any ID card, I will have a MICROSOFT (R) ID card !
        Well, hello there ...umm... Mr. Blue Screen of Death
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

this is all a plot to get people so fed up with the goverment and public transportation so more people drive cars and burn more oil.

It all comes back to Dick Cheney.

Comment

The irony of the Brits complaining about ID cards is that they forced everyone in Hong Kong to carry these cards.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

The card will cost something ridiculous like £93 per person. And it will probably need to be updated every so often as people age.

Hello, Poll Tax!

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus

You might as well enter a crowded bar/theatre/... and blow youself up. If you want to make a lot of casualties, nothing is going to stop you. The fact that this does not happen 'en masse' shows that suicide bombing isn't all that popular anyway.
                You can do that, but getting a crowded commuter bus in downtown during rushhour probably has a lot more impact.

I don't think the ID card thing is particularly necessary, but I also don't see anything inherently wrong with it, either.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

You can do that, but getting a crowded commuter bus in downtown during rushhour probably has a lot more impact.

does anyone else realize that there is NO requirement in the US to carry ID on commuter bus? Or a commuter train, or an intercity bus?
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

does anyone else realize that there is NO requirement in the US to carry ID on commuter bus? Or a commuter train, or an intercity bus?
                    how is this a problem?

Comment

• Really, I don't mind a national ID system as long as it has nothing more than what is on our drivers licenses, people look at your driver's license all the time (like when a store clerk asks for it when you write a check). Now, if said database had personal stuff, then I would be pissed.

Comment

Working...
                      X