X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok folks, here come the pictures!

*Viewer discretion is advised*
    Eventhough I only appear in one of them

I got my scanner set up, and managed to scan the first picture of the delightful fellas outside the Quizno's Sandwich place.

Picture is from 11 June 2005. Left to right: Timexwatch, Jon Miller, OzzyKP, DanS and KrazyHorse.

Hang on while I scan the rest of the pics. Might take a little while.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Here's one that KH took, with me squeezed in between Jon and Ozzy.

On the upside, there's a red plastic tray in this one.
      Attached Files

Comment

• And here we are at the Finnish Embassy, in their backyard sauna enjoying a few drinks, courtesy (repeatedly) of DanS.

Ozzy left, because he's the one who has a girlfriend. He seemed very consistent on that particular claim.
        Attached Files

Comment

• A Little Later, Ltd.

More drinks under the vest, including half a liter of fine Danish snaps (Rød Aalborg).

What a splendid time we had that day.
          Attached Files

Comment

• And the last one from the 11 June meet. This is late in the evening at a place called Brickskellar Inn. Timexwatch has left, so now it's just the four of us.

This place had 200 different beers, including Tuborg , of which DanS reluctantly granted me permission to buy a round for the table.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Finally, here's one from 16 June, where Timex, Dan and I met once again and ended up at a bar where you could get Zimbabwean beer (Timex bought a round for us, and we're trying them out in the pic).

I like this picture, and I think it's also prime material for a little 'caption the photo' game.

That's all the pictures I have with Poly folk in'em. Now there's $300 well spent on a scanner. 6 photos, that's only 50 a piece!

Hope you enjoyed them.

And thanks again all of you guys for showing me such a good time in Washington D.C. This ranks among the best memories from my trip, definitely.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Some people indicated earlier they were waiting for these pictures to get posted, so here's a

*bump*

Comment

• Thanks Winston, good pics.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Great pics! Thank you!
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• thanks for posting the pics!

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Not at all like what I pictured you guys to look like.

Comment

• Why thank you, Verto.

It's very kind of you to say so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                            Brickskellar Inn.
                            One of my favorite haunts during my time in DC.
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• I'll second Verto's statement- I had thought that Winston would be a large guy, for one, instead of skinny and fit... only timexwatch appeared as I had assumed...
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Image Upgrade!
                                Attached Files
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X