Washington D.C. Polymeet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington D.C. Polymeet

On KrazyHorse's suggestion, it could be an idea to hold a joint Polymeet during my visit in June. So here's a place to try and decide on a time and place for all those who are interested. I hope we can have many people attending, it really is an extraordinary thing to be able to meet up with fellow posters.

I will be in Washington from Thursday 9 June in the afternoon until Saturday 18 June in the morning. So the practical times for me are between Friday 10 June and Friday 17 June.

An obvious time seems to be Saturday 11 June, where presumably most people would be able to spend some time together during the afternoon/evening. But it's really very open to suggestions at this time.

If you'd like to meet, post here the times you are able to, and which time you think is best. Then we can talk about location and what to eat/drink/do.

I'm very much looking forward to this!

As of now, I will be free any of those time, although I could be making plans later on.

I think Saturday June 11th would be the best option, since there is no work that day, and people also don't need to worry about work the next day.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I'm a three hour drive away in Pennsylvania but getting time off from work (and the wife) has always been a problem in the past. Perhaps meeting at a convention would be a good idea.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

i'd love to go, but i've got studio time booked that week.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I can go anytime. On weekdays, I get off from work around 6. On the weekends I should generally be free. Feel free to send me an e-mail or PM if you want contact info.
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Great!

That's at least 4 already, Shi, Timex, KH and me. Anybody who is interested should come forward, the sooner the better.

Comment

I'll come if I can

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                Great!

That's at least 4 already, Shi, Timex, KH and me. Anybody who is interested should come forward, the sooner the better.
                Jon Miller DanS should probably come, they usually seem to be at all the DC Poly Meets.

Comment

Yes, I got the same impression from the other thread. How many times before have people met in D.C. do you think?

Comment

I've been to two.

If somebody needs a pickup anywhere on a line between Baltimore and DC I'd be happy to oblige.

Also, anybody who wants contact info should PM me.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I have met people in DC (not counting Shi) about 4 times? (possibly 5)

and have met

Adam Smith
                      Shi Huangdi
                      KrazyHorse
                      Alexander's Horse
                      GP
                      DanS
                      Timexwatch
                      Dom P (?? I dont' remember how to spell his name.. he hasn't posted in a while either and was having a hard time )

and yes I would be in town, so happy to meet (but evenings/weekends are better)

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and there was at least two DC meets here before I showed up in 2002

Jon miller
                        (one with Timex, cold wizard and Ozzy; another with DanS Adam Smith and GP)
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm in.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

i'd love to go, but i've got studio time booked that week.
                            what the heck are you up to?
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Let's give this a bump

Comment

Working...
                              X