Where did your ancestors come fom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    100% English...not a nationalistic statement, just a fact...the black hair came from my dad's side which originally seems to come from Cornwall...
    Yeah but proud Cornish celts or oppressive English settlers that took away our proud Parliament* and nation?

*actually, the Cornish Parliament, that at one point was co-equal to Westminster and had the right to ignore any law from London, just simply forgot to reconvene one year and has since been forgotten
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

• I laugh at Pattycakes revision of Greek ancestry.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Father's side - lineage back to the Romans, though been English since.

Mother's side - lineage back to the Vikings, my mum's the first generation to be born in England, the rest of my mum's side is from Shetland.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Mother (1906) side Irish. Her Mother (1872) family left Ireland 1850. Her Father (1870) side left Ireland prior to 1800. My GG Grandfather was born in NY around 1800. His wife was born in Mass.

Father side English and Native American. His Father family left England 1634, his mother family was English and Native American. My Grandmother, Grandmother was Cherokee. My Grandmother (1873), Grandfather was born here in the US.

Comment

• hey Che, that report doesnt say anything about a Jew gene. it just says that the people are related. lets take group X ok? and lets say that all have the same religion Y. and lets say that they dont intermarry and stay within the group. Does that mean the religion Y is now an ethnicity? christianity is the same, except that not only did group X adapt it, but so did group A, B, C, D, thus making it a religion and not an ethnicity.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Lawrence: it's a moot point. Ethnicity has often little to do with nationality.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

• 16/16 Lombardia (Italy)

Comment

• Irish and Scandinavian (way, way back).
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                  X