Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creationism on the rise in Kans... the Netherlands?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun
    Does this mean that because a backwards idea is strong in one part of Europe that we can lump all Europeans together and bash them for stupidity?

The same way that some Europeans do, when one state/one part of United States gets media attention because of a bacwards idea?
    Nop. If you had contained it to a single state, then there would have been a slight resemblance, but this jerk, Van der Hoeven, is a very small minority and should be thrown out of her current position as fast as possible. She has lost any form of credibility after this and should certainly not lead the ministry of Education and Science. Religious stories has no place in science exept for the historan departments.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      You're wrong. Mars is about half the size of Earth and thus a much weaker pull of gravity. It can't hold on to much of an atmosphere nor much internal heat so tectonics ran out of steam pretty early in Martian history. That means any standing water on the surface would strip CO2 fron the atmosphere and deposit it as limestone and the planet would rapidly cool as the primary green house gas was removed.
      You just proved me right. Mars having half the size of earth means it has one quarter the surface area. Three quarters of the surface area of the earth are covered in water. Ergo, Mars and Earth have the same land area.

Comment

Kuci is always right.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: Creationism on the rise in Kans... the Netherlands?!

Originally posted by Locutus
          Source: here and here (in Dutch). Translation:

Noooooooooooo!!!!! Kill me, kill me now...
          Shall I butcher you now, or will you move south to Belgium instead

Religious fervour has always been stronger in the Netherlands, that much is clear, and now once again. I'm awfully happy religion means absolutely **** in my country. Though religion can be an interesting subject, this case clearly unveils the complete madness of these nutters.
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
          X