Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your real Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith commentary here ( with spoilers )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting point you've made here in the real Star Wars discussion thread, GePap.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• And the Award for Most Convoluted, Roundabout Way of Saying "Bump" goes to...

Comment

• I am the only person who watches them just for a bit of entertainment/escapism?

Comment

• All i remember from Episode1 is Jar Jar binks+ lots of effects (it was over two years ago when i last saw it though)

All i remember from Episode2 is...........lots of robots+lots of effects?

not a ringing enditement from a SW fan.

Will I(you) forget Han, Chewie, Luke, Artoo, Yoda etc and their stories? I dont think so.

Its like George got so wrapped up in trying to 'show' us his visions, he forgot all about telling a good story with characters you could emperthise with?

These new movies suck dogs
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• I quite liked AOTC and ROTS, some people seem to want the new films to mean as much to them at 25-30 as the old films did when they were kids.

Let it go and just enjoy the films (or not case the case may be)

Comment

• We were told the ability to use the force is based on having lots of midichlorians: it seems people strong in the force can sense others also strong with the Force. Fine, then why was no one able to sense Palpatines strength with the force? Its obvious he is as strong as Yoda with the force, yet until he told Anikin, the Jedi had no clue.

The Dark Side clouds the Jedi's abilities to see using the force. I believe that was stated in TPM by Yoda. The Dark Side has an hiding ability from the Light Side practioners. They can sense it is around, but from where, they don't know.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• But do they also have to be without the ability to realize the freaking obvious that's going on right before their eyes?

An 8-year old watching any one of Episodes I-III is able to figure out there's something not quite right with that Palpatine fellow. And that's even with him paying more attention to his popcorn and candybag than the movie.

Comment

• Thats what cartoon baddies are about, guess what, I even sussed that Darth Vader was a bad un' back in '77 when I was 8

Comment

• POWERRRRR

UNLIMITED

POWERRRRRR
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                      But do they also have to be without the ability to realize the freaking obvious that's going on right before their eyes?

An 8-year old watching any one of Episodes I-III is able to figure out there's something not quite right with that Palpatine fellow. And that's even with him paying more attention to his popcorn and candybag than the movie.
                      Well, the kind of focusing on Palpatine may have done it . Though 'something wrong' doesn't necessarily mean Sith Lord.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
                        I am the only person who watches them just for a bit of entertainment/escapism?
                        I quite liked AOTC and ROTS, some people seem to want the new films to mean as much to them at 25-30 as the old films did when they were kids.

Like you, I went to see ROTS to be entertained. (Agreed, some people here take this crap way to seriously) Well, ROTS was somewhat intertaining, but a lot less so than the Empire Strikes Back. Surprise, suprise: Lucas didn't write all by himself the script for Empire Strikes Back and he didn't even direct the damn thing. Figures...
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I could not agree with you more.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I quite liked AOTC and ROTS, some people seem to want the new films to mean as much to them at 25-30 as the old films did when they were kids.

Ok i tried - i really did.

I've seen EpisodeIV about 20 times(maybe more?) and EpisodeI 1.5 times.

So this weekend between games of Xwing i decide to bite the bullet.

EpisodeI goes on during dinner time and things are ok, Liam Neeson is by far and away the best actor, MacGregor just somehow doesn't work that well as Obi-wan. And the other actors give a pretty bad account of themselves. I wont talk about the computer 'Actors'

Ok i can't help but mention them! They suck terribly, 'Meesa sooo stooopid and looksie messa flopsie ears! Iza be for grownsie ups as well as likle oneszies'

If from this start you cant see the cynical marketing attempt then well never mind.

I really sufferd over the next 2 hours - on many occasions resisting the urge to put my boot in the tv, or at calmer momments trying hard not to switch it off.

Next day at dinner again, and its time for EpisodeIV.

Well its in a different class. All the actors make you feel like you give a s**t. Amongst the ok acting are some class performances(Grand Mof Tarkin, Han, Obi-wan).

The only slightly 'blatent pandering to kids/sugar frosty coating' stuff can be possibly leveled at Artoo with his cuteish bleeps and bloops, but if he played a major role in the new movies you can't help feel he would have been subtitled(the viewer being judged to be too dim to read between the lines and work out possibly what he is saying).

The first two(4+5) movies(especialy) weren't kids movies, even if they were for kids. And as a kid you appriciated not being patronised. As an adult you can just enjoy the drama of it.

Even after the +20 time EpisodeIV is just a much better crafted/filmed movie in comparison to EpisodeI.

And sadly EpisodeII also left me feeling un-moved. They just sort of wash over you in a constant blur of not quite convincing often garish CGI and high speed action sequences.

Where's the drama gone? What happend to the interesting story that thrilled us in EpisodeIV+V?

well this is a much longer post than i like to read - so thats it.
                            I'm sure if it was possible to scientificaly prove how bad these new movies are in comparison to the first ones, then we would find i cant be wrong

Edit: I forced my gf to sit through them both during dinner(she isnt a Star Wars fan either poor thing), and she also found EpisodeIV more interesting than EpisodeI. Thats about as scientific as i could make my test

Summery

Episode IV-VI PWN Episode I-II(definately), and no doubt EpisodeIII as well .
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                            X