Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your real Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith commentary here ( with spoilers )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean like when Obi-wan is miles away in a little hut in the desert?

Comment

• OMG, KUCIPWNED!

Comment

• I still contend it woulda made a better story if Obi-Wan and Anikan had swapped identities. LOTS of supporting stuffs in the movies that woulda played into it, and it would have provided a punch in the gut to rival the "Luke, I am your father" line....

Oh well...

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Huh?

Comment

• Awww, don't mind me....I'm just thinking like a story-teller....if you watch the movies WITH that thought in your mind, you'll note quite a number of things that COULD HAVE pointed to that plot twist...and IMO, it woulda made it better.

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Also, if they're worried about Vader finding a kid why do they send Luke to Vader's home planet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                Also, if they're worried about Vader finding a kid why do they send Luke to Vader's home planet?
                I actually hint at that problem in this post.

Comment

• Comment

• Ok, for this arguments sake, let's pretend that deep down, Vader is a spoiled brat who really doesn't give a **** about his kids - not even enough to ask if they died too.

But don't you think he would hunt far and wide for "the man who did this to me" until he finds him?

Even Imran can't argue this point, given the position he has taken above. Since Vader knows that Obi Wan is still alive, he would...

if people knew that Obi Wan went into hiding, you think Vader wouldn't find out? Vader goes out to do the Emperor's work in the galaxy, and would learn the rumors.

(paraphrased)

And I'm glad to see that the Emperor has taken a strong stand against nepotism. Not once in 20 years did Vader help his cousin - couldn't even get him a job as head Tatooine file clerk!
                    Last edited by JohnT; May 23, 2005, 21:23.

Comment

• See...that's a part of what I'm talking about!

If we forget what REALLY happened in the last movie of the series and think about what mighta been, it'd have been much more interesting if Obi-Wan became Darth Vader, and Anikan became one of the last Jedi, fleeing home because it's so obvious that it'd prolly be the last place Obi-Wan/Vader would actually LOOK. Also, because it makes a lot of sense to hide out there and watch over his son, Luke....pretending to be Obi-Wan, who "knew his father"..... (and let's face it, if I'm Obi-Wan/Vader, I'm sure not gonna be looking for some guy with MY NAME! ..perfect alias...)

Makes a lot of sense too, why R2 would have sought the old man out (after all, in Episode I, Ani sorta adopted R2, and they had many excellent adventures together).

The Sandmen too, could have made a nice tie-in....the old man scared them good in Epi IV....maybe they remembered his revenge against them when they killed his mom, years earlier....

Lossa stuffs....a pity he wasn't taking suggesstions...

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Ok, for this arguments sake, let's pretend that deep down, Vader is a spoiled brat who really doesn't give a **** about his kids - not even enough to ask if they died too.

But don't you think he would hunt far and wide for "the man who did this to me" until he finds him?

Why would you want to go start **** with the man who just crippled you? You know you're going to get your ass kicked, as he's still a Jedi in his prime and you're held back by the iron lung you're wearing.

I guess you could take a ton of clones with you and let them help you finish the job, but that kind of takes all the pleasure out of revenge, doesn't it? Best to wait until age affects him and then finish it. He's not a threat, anyway, and you have more important business to attend to...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• You mean like when Obi-wan is miles away in a little hut in the desert?

And does Vader know Obi-Wan is there? Perhaps Vader was looking for Obi-Wan... but Obi-Wan had to take the chance to be able to close enough to Luke to train him when the time came.

As insurance, Leia was at Alderaan (perhaps to be brought to Yoda), in case Luke failed.

A. Perhaps he did and didn't think Obi-Wan would hide in the same planet as Anakin's birth (Sith ARE arrogant after all).

B. Drake's explination works as well. Obi-Wan isn't a threat, but the son of Anakin? Who could be as skilled in the force as Anakin was (remember Obi-Wan isn't on Anakin's level)? Yeah, that definetly could be a threat.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            Ok, for this arguments sake, let's pretend that deep down, Vader is a spoiled brat who really doesn't give a **** about his kids - not even enough to ask if they died too.

Why would you want to go start **** with the man who just crippled you? You know you're going to get your ass kicked, as he's still a Jedi in his prime and you're held back by the iron lung you're wearing.

I guess you could take a ton of clones with you and let them help you finish the job, but that kind of takes all the pleasure out of revenge, doesn't it? Best to wait until age affects him and then finish it. He's not a threat, anyway, and you have more important business to attend to...
                            Find out where he's hiding, take the Death Star, blow that **** up!

And why wouldn't he take on Obi Wan after being re-fitted?

Darth Vader. Sith Lord. A man barely alive.
                            We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better. Stronger. Faster.

Cue Six Million Dollar Man music.

Comment

• Find out where he's hiding, take the Death Star, blow that **** up!

The Death Star won't be operational for decades.

And why wouldn't he take on Obi Wan after being re-fitted?

The Obi-Wan/Vader duel in A New Hope was pretty even because it was an old man vs. a cripple. Obi-Wan in his prime would've destroyed Vader in the suit.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• You're assuming that Vader wasn't enhanced.

Better. Stronger. Faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X