Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much music do you have on your computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boann
    1.75gb
    i did think that was a lot , but i see i was mistaken.
    Not really. If you ask the guys how much of those 10-20-30 gigs they actually like and listen at, their number wouldn't be much higher than yours.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Cockney, could you rip me a couple of DVDs?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

2.2 GB in my music folder. I suspect there are some 20-30 songs somewhere else on my computer I don't listen to. But all these 2.2 GB are stuff I like and that I do listen to - I don't want to keep 10 thousand songs I wouldn't listen to . Much of my stuff are albums I own, but on tapes so I can't rip them and so I redownloaded.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

At the moment 66,6gb (about 9500 tracks) in my sorted collection, and 209gb (about 36700 tracks) in the download folder to be processed.
          får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

az, don't have a DVD-R i'm afraid. i could send you a couple of data CDs if you like, though i would warn you that most (like over 3/4) of my music is trance and varients thereof.

drop me a pm about it.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Only 10.4 GB for now. But I've been at it for a couple of months.
              Attached Files
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

You shouldn't post pics of your music, Nostromo. Asher might pack another fit.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Nah, he just likes to piss you off.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Well, he fails miserably. What a miserable failure.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

385 MB (94 files)

I don't even listen to all of that regularly either. I usually only have up to 20 songs in my playlist.

Some more interesting statistics:
                      The oldest song in my collection I have since 28 August 1998. It's a MIDI of Children by Robert Miles.
                      My most recent addition is (a good deal of) the OST of Genghis Blues.
                      27 files or 152 MB is from 2 ripped albums. The rest (67 files, 232 MB) I downloaded.

I try to keep my "collection" under 100 files.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                        Laurentius how do you manage to have 60 Gigs of music without having a single song from Metallica
                        Eeer, by having decent taste?

Close to 22G here
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

25GB+, iirc. I'll check later, when I get home.
                          B♭3

Comment

I've been trying to maintain 1776 songs for the past month. Its hard work, but soeone has to do it.
                            "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

~50 Gb. When I compiled the list I found a ****load of music I didn´t know I had
                              Attached Files
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

You have more Belgian music than I do.

Not a bad list, a pity about the Hardrock crap.
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X