Violations of Air Space.. how common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tingkai

Yeah, too much risk of damaging American property. Much better to shoot down airliners over the Persian Gulf.

At our school, we down have a retired Naval Office who was on the Enterprise in CIC during that shoot down.

He told me all about it. That plane flew an attack profile right for the Vincennes and the Enterprise. He said that the Vincennes call the plane many time warning them to ID them self and to turn away from our Ships.

I now believe that maybe the pilot was on a suicide mission thinking he could maybe used the plane to crash into the one of our ships. At that time, the US had never shot down an Airliner, and that is why the pilot thought he could get away with it.

Comment

and I'm guessing he didn't ask the 200+ passengers if that would be okay before he started his kamikaze run....

I hope allah ****canned him
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
        and I'm guessing he didn't ask the 200+ passengers if that would be okay before he started his kamikaze run....

I hope allah ****canned him
        The 9/11 guys did not ask their passengers either.

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
          I think we should take this advice and use it for handeling american planes as well....
          You can't really argue about wreckage 10 miles inside our territory
          The same rules apply to any military aircraft that is illegally trespassing. Be damn sure you are right in our case.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Okay, I'm very interested now. I did some googling on "Greek Air Force", "Hellenic Air Force", etc. but I could not find anything about dogfights with Turkish jets.
            I remember some incidents from my own experience @1985. They were "training" flights and "mock" dogfights (we are all "friends" after all. ).
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Okay, I'm very interested now. I did some googling on "Greek Air Force", "Hellenic Air Force", etc. but I could not find anything about dogfights with Turkish jets.

You wouldn't have a link there, would ya?
              Plenty of links but they're in greek

basically they all say the same.

i.e. "40 turkish planes entered the greek FIR and proceded in 12 violations of air codes. 10 were armed. 2 were equipped with photographic machinery. the turkish fighters were intercepted by an equal number of greek jets and were driven away. there were 3 instances of mock dog fights"

they won't tell you anything new. the fun is when there's video footage once that was licked from the defense ministry showing an actual dogfight from the cockpit and the language used... was oh my

"come here little whore..." and the locked target going "tu tu tu" on the screen etc
              Last edited by Bereta_Eder; May 24, 2005, 16:34.

Comment

Working...
              X