Robert Byrd is a horrible human being, version III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GePap

Not so radical, if you see it used on corporate sponsored TV shows. (like in Queer Eye)

i see no contradiction here - or rather, its a contradiction thats basic to capitalism ("The Cultural Contradictions of Capitalism", Daniel Bell) Capitalism will make use of anything that sells product, even if this involves the spreading of radicalism.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Jag, Democrat racists are not racists if one uses their definition of racism: a racist is anyone other than a Democrat, as only Democrats are not racist, even if they were the party of slavery, Indian killers, Jim Crow and the party that continues to do everything possible to maintain separate white (private) schools in the cities.
      How's the weather in the Nedaverse?
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Eh, Chris Rock doing comedy is very different context from Robert Byrd on TV.
        Not when both are using a term to describe behavior. You think that just because Chris Rock got a laugh with his observation he wasn't making a distinction between black people and ******s? Of course he was, and so was Byrd - both used "******" within the context of behavior. If whites can be "******s" as Byrd argues, then race is not the relevant context.

One is used in a humorous context, the other is not. There's no analogy.
        So what if it was funny? That doesn't change the fact Rock made a distinction between black people and ******s based soley on behavior. Byrd also made a distinction based on behavior.

Chris Rock and Robert Byrd have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Chris Rock is a young Black comic who uses edgy material about race in a comedy routine.
        About his own race? Nope, a "******" to Rock is a black person who behaves badly - without the bad behavior Rock sees no ******. To Byrd, a "white ******" is a white person who behaves badly. One is funny, the other is a racist? Chris may have got laughs about his comment, but he didn't just invent a total falsehood. People understand what he means, but political partisans wont afford Byrd the same acknowledgement and then they accuse people of being partisan? I dont like Byrd or the Dems, that doesn't mean I should suspend the thinking process to come up with this "proof" of Byrd's racism.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

How's the weather in the Nedaverse?
          It is interesting that Democrats can be flagrantly racist and no one calls them on it.

But, they are quick to point the finger of blame at even the slightest miscue by a Republican.

The Dems are the party of racism, pure and simple. They have not changed. But its it interesting how their use of smears keeps their blacks loyal.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
            i see no contradiction here - or rather, its a contradiction thats basic to capitalism ("The Cultural Contradictions of Capitalism", Daniel Bell) Capitalism will make use of anything that sells product, even if this involves the spreading of radicalism.
            What "radicalism" does corporate America spread??

The second anything is taken over by corporate America, it may remain shocking, but is no longer trully radical.

Just look at Gangster Rap. Its a long line of pimps, hos, and bling, but utterly empty of any further political implication.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
            X