No announcement yet.

food that didn't work out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When ever I go to those places where they cook at your table they cook the egg first before mixing it in. Sometimes they do make a ring out of the rice and fry it in the middle, still the egg is cooked.

MY father-in-law bbqs his steaks with waaaaaaaaaaaay too much garlic salt, and he makes a dish with artificial crab meat for my vegitarian sister-in-law that is nasty.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Milk goes sour after only a couple of hours?? What kind of milk do you guys use??
      Not sour, but it gets filled with nasty microbes that can make you ill. We're warned not to eat anything that is left out for more than two hours. Anyway, it's been two days at this point. I really should throw them out.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

yeah, throw them out

not suppose to store anything in aluminum either? is that right? or was it tin, like soup cans?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Indeed, once you open a tin, you should empty it. I doubt it's harmfull to leave it like that for a day though.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Milk goes sour after only a couple of hours?? What kind of milk do you guys use??
            Real milk, not some genetically engineered belgian blue milk
            Last edited by Zoid; May 18, 2005, 15:36.
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              yeah, throw them out

not suppose to store anything in aluminum either? is that right? or was it tin, like soup cans?
              Aluminum is fine. Opened tin cans make the contents taste like tin if you keep it. It´s something to do with oxygen reacting with the tin IIRC.
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                Not sour, but it gets filled with nasty microbes that can make you ill.
                They only make you ill if you never eat them. Although two hours in Florida is probably the bacterial equivalent of a week in Britain.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I overdid the nam plah the last time I did some thai influenced food. It stinks to the high heavens when it hits a hot wok.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    not suppose to store anything in aluminum either?
                    Aluminums fine for most things. What you want to watch out for is acidic foods and metals, and never any acidic foods around copper. Copper and food acids = death.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

artificial crab meat for my vegitarian sister-in-law.

She does know that artificial crab meat is fish doesnt she?

Comment

You guys are funny. Thankfully, I was raised to cook with my parents, so I've avoided most of these missteps. I remember the first time I made my own pasta with chopped garlic and oil sauce back in middle school, how proud I was.

Nowadays, my cooking is limited to ramen, and it's kinda hard to screw that up.
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

I don't even bother refering to them as crab meat. I always put them on my shopping list as "compressed fish protein sticks"
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg

Real milk, not some genetically engineered belgian blue milk
                            Haha, next you're going to tell me, milk comes from some sort of animal. * shudders *
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                            X