No announcement yet.

food that didn't work out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, definitely has to be cold rice for fried rice.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

My cousin fried potatoes in wine instead of oil once. And her brother ate them still. I only took one and got dizzy.

I once spread leftover bolognese sause on roasted bread and cheese. Bad idea.
      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
      George Orwell

Comment

Roasted shrimps. Don't.
        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by alva

What's wrong with them? Reheat with a bit of milk. The one never to do is heat them in the micro.
          I think she means that she didn´t put the mash in the fridge. Milk has a tendency to get sour and icky when left for several hours in room temperature...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Fish sticks, pickles, green paprika, rice and a particulary cheap ´n nasty bearnaise sauce. Not a good combination...

Comment

My worst experiment is not with food, but with drinks.

I don't like whisky and I was trying to find a way to drink more than a millimeter per day.
              Not listening to whisky lovers, I decided to give a try to whisky-coca.
              In my fridge: no real coke.
              Only diet coke...
              OMG... OMFG... OMFFFFG...
              This was the worst ... thing I ever tasted.
              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

If you mix whiskey (scotch) and Kaluha (coffe liquer) it tastes like Dr Pepper!

Comment

I was hoping Che and Theben would come and offer us some advice on what not to serve in a burger joint.

Comment

Roasted shrimps. Don't.
                    Why? They are better that way than being boiled. It's better to roast them on a barbeque, until they turn yellow outside, then they're well done.

Bailey's and coke have an interesting reaction. They form some sort of solid froth, pretty much like dried out nescafe frappe froth. It's taste is deadly of course.

I personally hate the mix of beer with whiskey.
                    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                    George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by axi
                      Why? They are better that way than being boiled. It's better to roast them on a barbeque, until they turn yellow outside, then they're well done.
                      There is a difference between prawns (the bigger, pink ones) and shrimps (the little, grey ones).
                      According to my french/english dictionnary, shrimps (ittle grey, usually eaten cold, in salads) are the one I mean.
                      Because prawns are ok roasted, very delicious, I tried with shrimps. Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry
                        My worst experiment is not with food, but with drinks.

I don't like whisky and I was trying to find a way to drink more than a millimeter per day.
                        Not listening to whisky lovers, I decided to give a try to whisky-coca.
                        In my fridge: no real coke.
                        Only diet coke...
                        OMG... OMFG... OMFFFFG...
                        This was the worst ... thing I ever tasted.
                        Think so?? Try bourbon and Collins mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry

There is a difference between prawns (the bigger, pink ones) and shrimps (the little, grey ones).
                          According to my french/english dictionnary, shrimps (ittle grey, usually eaten cold, in salads) are the one I mean.
                          Because prawns are ok roasted, very delicious, I tried with shrimps. Not good.
                          Thems mean scampi's when refering to prawns and gamba's when refering to king prawns. (I think, confuses me too)
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg

I think she means that she didn´t put the mash in the fridge. Milk has a tendency to get sour and icky when left for several hours in room temperature...
                            Milk goes sour after only a couple of hours?? What kind of milk do you guys use??
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

cold dogs
                              What?

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Not really but you can do it like that. Normally you split the white and yellow and cook them first in the same wok, then add the rest.
                                Precisely. That's how I have done it since, and it works perfectly.

The other way makes it inevitable that the egg will harden around the rice, which makes for a weird mix.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X