Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chick Tract!

+ http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1022/1022_01.asp

Woohoo! Chick is telling us to get a Divorce!

Seriously,I think the NASCAR Drivers-with-buddhist wives demographic is pretty small.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Jesus wins - fatality.

God bless Chick!
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

What the hell happened to Jesus' face????

Hmmmm and at least in Korean both Kim and Lee are only family names and never personal names....
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I was thinking the same thing!

Besides, I never knew that god/jesus/whatever is a dude without any facial features sitting in an armchair.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az

I was thinking the same thing!

Besides, I never knew that god/jesus/whatever is a dude without any facial features sitting in an armchair.
          Yeah,

asian women > creepy faceless white dudes
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Whoo-hoo! It's local! It's about time we received some overdue recognition from Mr. Chick!

Comment

Paul's whole, if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off.

Religionistas. They used to be funny, now they're scarey.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

All the chick tracks are the same: "you are going to hell with pits of fire and demons poking at you for all eternity unless you say this prayer".

I do believe Hell exists but this is the wrong approach to converting people to Christianity. We should NOT scare people into converting. The tracks also mislead people into thinking that all you need to do is say a few words with your eyes closed in order to avoid going to hell. Being a Christian is about following the example of Christ every day, not just accepting Him as our Savior but obeying His commandments and loving all people just as much as Christ loves them, not mouthing a few words because you are scared of going to Hell.
                'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

I thought it was satire until I looked at some of the other links.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I just used the word satire on another site!!

weird.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                      not mouthing a few words because you are scared of going to Hell.
                      Unfortunately, this form of Christianty (which amounts to superstition rather than genuine spirituality) seems to be rapidly growing. I actually think this form of belief is the main reason why there seems to be an increasing religious intolerance in some Christian circles.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                        All the chick tracks are the same: "you are going to hell with pits of fire and demons poking at you for all eternity unless you say this prayer".

I do believe Hell exists but this is the wrong approach to converting people to Christianity. We should NOT scare people into converting. The tracks also mislead people into thinking that all you need to do is say a few words with your eyes closed in order to avoid going to hell. Being a Christian is about following the example of Christ every day, not just accepting Him as our Savior but obeying His commandments and loving all people just as much as Christ loves them, not mouthing a few words because you are scared of going to Hell.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Unfortunately, this form of Christianty (which amounts to superstition rather than genuine spirituality) seems to be rapidly growing. I actually think this form of belief is the main reason why there seems to be an increasing religious intolerance in some Christian circles.
                          THANK YOU for acknowledging the difference. Jack Chick is about as Christian as the "Buddhist" in that strip is Buddhist. In terms of practical instructions, many forms of Buddhism are very similar to genuine Christianity-control your desires, concentrate on universal compassion. Provided you don't believe the Kingdom of Heaven shall be likened unto a Pyramid Scheme, there's no reason for this nonsense. Yech.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                            THANK YOU for acknowledging the difference.
                            Well, I come from a catholic country, and as such we tend to understand religion differently than protestants. In particular, we tend to think of religious people as people who strive to follow a moral condust in their private (not sinning), and our religionists generally don't feel washed of whatever evil they do after a few words.

An amusing test to see how the French react to the idea that salvation will be only reached (and always) by believing in Christ: Tell a Frenchman that if Hitler was Christian, he'd go straight to heaven. OTOH, Gandhi went straight to Hell.

Ths is the kind of belief spouted by quite a few vocal protestant denominations in the US, but it's completely unheard of in France (and I guess, in the latin world in general).

The point of this post was to say that it was nothing unusual from me to understand that there can be a religious spitrituality, considering where I hail from.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Oh no why is Mika Salo going to hell

Save him, Keke Rosberg, save him!

But first, a hearty parody of this tract!
                              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
                              X