So Long, and Thanks for all the Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oerdin
    Everyone has fresh made to order sandwiches and have since the dark ages. The question is do you have good fast ethnic food besides kabobs?
    Depends what you mean by ethnic. Do takeaways count? If so indian and chinese would count as fast ethnic food. If you're counting American as standard (ie non ethnic), fish and chips would be ethnic, but obviously a stretch being that it's British.

But then, I don't consider a sandwich made with marinated pork to be ethnic. It's a sandwich. Would be like calling a chicken madras sandwich ethnic.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Hmmm... I prefer sushi over sashimi but chirashi is the best.

Chirashi is a type of sushi.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• So the difference between sushi and sashimi is vinegar?

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Vinegared rice. Sashimi is raw fish. Sushi is a variety of things served with vinegared rice. Doesn't always have to be raw fish, but that's the most common.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Ah, gotcha.

I didn't read that part correctly.

Sashimi can be Sushi(nigiri zushi), but sushi isn't Sashimi.

Sashimi isn't for me but Sushi could be.

ACK!

Comment

• Sashimi can be Sushi(nigiri zushi)

No, as soon as you add the rice it stops being sashimi and becomes sushi. Sashimi is raw fish by itself.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Yeah, sushi has lots of stuff mixed with vinigaredsticky rice which normally has been made into a roll covered by a mat made of pressed seaweed. Sashimi is just what Drake said, cut up select pieces of raw fish or other sea life such as octipus or sea cucumber. My favorite is the buttery tasting flesh of a blue fin tuna's underbelly.

You never guess it but there are huge flavor differences depending up exactly where on the fish the cut of meat came from. In western society to often fish is fish is fish while we have a million names for different cuts of beef or pork or lamb. The Japanese are the opposite.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• It's 3 A.M. I am only getting half of what I read.

Time for bed.....

ACK!

Comment

• My favorite is the buttery tasting flesh of a blue fin tuna's underbelly.

Toro. Delicious, but expensive.

My favorite is yellowtail tuna, either buri (adult) or hamachi (young).

Sashimi is just what Drake said, cut up select pieces of raw fish or other sea life such as octipus or sea cucumber.

I forgot to mention that most, but not all sashimi is served raw. Octopus and squid are cooked beforehand.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                      Hmmm... I prefer sushi over sashimi but chirashi is the best.

Chirashi is a type of sushi.
                      Different enough to qualify for it's own name...
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Different enough to qualify for it's own name...

There's no such thing as just "sushi". All the different types have their own name: nigiri-zushi, maki-zushi, chirashi-zushi, battera-zushi, etc...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin

Except the "Arabic numerals" are not Arabic. Traditionally, Arabs use Hindi numberals. The only Arab countries to use western numberals are ones which were latter colonized by the west.
                          What I'm saying is that "1,2,3,4" etc are arabic. And that's what we use. Where would we be without the arabs eh?

Comment

• nice pics lancer

Comment

• paiktis, maybe we will go back this winter, maybe next. You're always invited...
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X