• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher

You mean you GET to!

Comment

Re: So Long, and Thanks for all the Burgers

Originally posted by Theben
      I can now officially say: it's over. Our father (mine & che's) will be selling off his Burger King stores. Corporate has decided that the ADI-midwest region will be a corporate one and he sold them to corporate. Chances are I will be unemployed at the end of the month. My assistants told me today that they don't want me to go (one said she'd get everyone to go 'on strike' if I left ), but I don't see corp BK wanting to keep around the franchise owner's son. I can't say I'll miss the stress, the thieves, and the whining & complaining but I will miss working with some of those characters and some of our regular customers.

Maybe I'll get decent unemployment.

That is all.
      *gah*
      poly's most prominent communist has a dad who is a... bussineman?!

gah

Comment

My dad owns a small business too
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

burger king stores is different than a "small business" non?

Comment

Che's dad only owned one restaurant, under franchise. IIUC the franchise system is that you're the owner of an autonomous restaurant, and you pay to benefit from BK's brand name, recipes, machines and ingredients.

Basically, he owned a fast food place that was vassalized to a corporate vampire. At least, that's what I understand.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

He owned four, actually, but you have the principle correct.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

4 IV Ä

Comment

Re: Re: So Long, and Thanks for all the Burgers

Originally posted by paiktis22
                  poly's most prominent communist has a dad who is a... bussineman?!
                  He's also a hardcore Republican.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

i'm just kidding of course

Comment

4 IV Ä
                      I don't know what this means.

Comment

just the number 4 in arabic latin and greek

Comment

"He's also a hardcore Republican."

One of those cases where the apples fell far from the tree, then rolled down a hill, fell in a storm drain which carried them to a sewer...
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Bah!

He's moved far to the right, and I was a Repug in my youth, though a liberal Repug.

Comment

just the number 4 in arabic latin and greek
                              Actually this is four in Arabic Mostly the red set is used in the gulf while in formerly colonized areas the western set is used more often then not.
                              Attached Files
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

be quiet thee lancerin
                                (ok i admit i'm a little drunk -had some glasses with some colleges- but i wait for it to wear off so i can take my car. dont drink and drive. especially dont drink and drive when the penalties are -according to one thats happened to him- 6 months in jail in suspension, 650 euros, 1 year revoke of license, 6 months revoke of car lisence although i could rive and not cause anything. i'm ok. and probably they wont catch me drunk even if they stop me it's not too much alcohol. but you know. let's wait a little bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X