Biggest Criminals in History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrmitchell
    Well, Columbus was first there--he made the first opinions about Indians being good targets for enslavement, started the first cruel actions toward them.
    If Columbus was an abberation and was abnormally cruel, then the Spanish would have chosen a different path. But they didn't. They did exactly the same and worse. That was simply the attitude of most Europeans during that time period.

The same attitude was behind the slave trade later in history.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
      Are you thinking about Nick Leeson of Barings Bank?
      I rather think of George Soros. Nick Leeson happened after the great crisis of the early 90ies.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Cambodgians
        pssssst its cambodians
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Oops
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Bush II- while many of the other contenders are dead, this man's just starting his 2nd term and he's already set back progress by at least a couple decades.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Well, to be fair, it's not only his fault. There's a reactionary wave that sweeps much of the western world, and BushII is only one result among others.

Comment

I fail to see how Bush is a reactionary, in terms of foreign policy at least.

As for Columbus...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Future - Darth Vader
                  Blah

Comment

Darth Vader lived a long, long time ago.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I think David Hasselhoff is also a good candidate for his music and "Baywatch"
                      Blah

Comment

Pol Pot, without a doubt. I refuse to discount genocide because....well, i just do.
                        Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Mao Zedong must rank as the worst in history, and Stalin as a second.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't understand why people think that Pol Pot committed genocide. What nation did he try to kill off He certainly was a horrible horrible murderous bastard, but I don't get the genocide charge.
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

genocide was the common response for most of history

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                                genocide was the common response for most of history

JM
                                Wha?
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X