X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krill
    Whig = Liberals
    Tories= Conservatives
    Yes. Labour only came into being in the 20th century.
    The whig to liberal and tory to conservative stuff happened in the 1800s

Comment

Looking again at the Sunderland South seat, more about half of Labour's losses are to the Liberal democrats.

This is a safe Labour seat so it's possible that in more marginal constituencies, labour voters will not have defected to the lib dems and instead stuck with labour to keep the tories out. Maybe the swing in the marginals will be smaller than here.

Comment

So, who do you guys support? I'd vote Labour, supporting Blair...but most Americans just love the guy.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I voted Labour. Unfortunately I live in - literally - the safest Conservative seat in the country and so mine was probably the most pointless vote in the country

Comment

My heart goes out to you Zulu, particularly as a republican in Oregon. My vote is always wasted.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

One thing that I've been wondering:

The Conservatives seem to be screwed by FPTP (and the LibDems even more so). Kinda ironic given that they'd been opposing PR. Did FPTP favor the Conservatives in the recent past?
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

FPTP favours whoever wins in EVERY election. That's the nature of the system.

Comment

In the same way that a president with a small to medium (though not tiny) lead in the popular vote can get a landslide in electoral college votes

Comment

Not necessarily. It favors the parties that are the least diffuse geographically.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

• FPTP is the stupidest and most outdated voting system. It simply is not able to cope with the pluralism of today's electorate.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
                        Not necessarily. It favors the parties that are the least diffuse geographically.
                        Well yes. I meant for the larger parties.

FPTP is the stupidest and most outdated voting system. It simply is not able to cope with the pluralism of today's electorate.
                        I agree completely

Comment

• And another one bites the dust...2-nil to Labour...
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• 3-nil...
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• A third win for Labour. These are atypical seats but the trend seems to be Labour losing votes to the liberal democrats rather than the lib dems.

We'll have to wait until we start to see the Labour-Conservative marginals until we know whats really happening

Comment

• Jesus... I had hoped the Tories had got rid of people like Boris Johnson. ****.. he even has comical Tory hair.

What a buffoon...
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X