X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One word: Opera.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

What does that have to do with any of this, aside from the fact that you need to manually set up Opera because it's not significant enough ala IE and Firefox?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think the real help of this accelerator is that sites which are suddenly requested very many times and thus become virtually jammed can be still accessed since Google has a storage of that webpage contents.

Comment

So this doesn't help people in asia?
          *cries*
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

This is weird... I downloaded it, but it doesn't record any time saved, nor does it even allow me to access Apolyton.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              What does that have to do with any of this, aside from the fact that you need to manually set up Opera because it's not significant enough ala IE and Firefox?
              Opera is significantly faster than IE and at least as much fast as Firefox. And this doesn't require any manual setup, it's out of the box.

Plus, when you press the back button in Opera it *instantly* displays the page you visited before. Who needs this Google garbage?

Besides, take a look at this.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                Opera is significantly faster than IE and at least as much fast as Firefox. And this doesn't require any manual setup, it's out of the box.

Plus, when you press the back button in Opera it *instantly* displays the page you visited before. Who needs this Google garbage?
                That has absolutely nothing to do with the web browser. slow sites are slow in any browser.

BTW, the instant-back button thing was actually checked in for Firefox 1.1 (and is in the nightly builds I use), as of 2 days ago.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

For some web applications, the instant back feature can break the intended application behavior.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Not if the browser obeys the no-cache directive, and the web developers use it properly.

Comment

no-cache directive is evil. It used to hurt my surfing back when I was on dial-up.

no-cache
                      expired

other such commands

Comment

Ted Striker
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Lots of ifs. Web acceleration must be tuned properly for each application (even different installations of the same application). Google is just finding this out now. However, it is still beta........
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            I bit the bullet and am installing. At least it downloaded instantly .
                            Maybe you want to read this first:
                            Google's Accelerator Breaks Web Apps, Security
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                            X