This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitchhikers Guide Film

Have we had one yet about the new film etc?

I thought i'd post a poll and we could take it from there:

So what do people think of the new film?
    Good
    40.00%
    Bad
    33.33%
    yellow babelfish
    26.67%
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Haven't seen it.

That's my valuable contribution.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Not seen it yet, I saw the part of the old tv serie(?) last night though(BBC).
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

And the winner for worst title of a thread goes to!:

Monkey!!!

Comment

I know all the jokes and plot twists already. What would be the point of going see it? For the special effects?
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1
            Clearly, everyone who has read the book would have recognized that.

Originally posted by nostromo
            I know all the jokes and plot twists already. What would be the point of going see it? For the special effects?
            Judging from the other thread, it isn't a film version of the book, nor is it meant to be. It would be about as different from the book as the radio and TV series (not that I've heard or seen either of those).
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

you couldn't do a 1-10 scale?
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Comment

Judging from the other thread, it isn't a film version of the book, nor is it meant to be. It would be about as different from the book as the radio and TV series (not that I've heard or seen either of those).
                    But irc, they all had basically the same jokes and the same plot twists, maybe with slight variations here and there.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1
                      Ah thanks Japher so i missed this, and yes i would have got the thread title had i seen it

I also saw the tv series re-run on the bbc last night, and sadly i found it did the book more justice than the film. But i guess its hard to condense a book into a 2 hour film, at least the series had slots of 30-40mins to cover the book(and imho was better for it).

I'll go take my sorry not looking hard enough ass over the other thread, with my head hung in shame
                      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I've read the book, and it still didn't ring any bells for me.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Of course nothing matches the original...
                          "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                            Hey, yeah! I've read the Lord of the Rings. I know how the story goes. Why should I go see the movie?

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Good

Oh, and "Don't Panic" is a GREAT name for a Hitchhiker's Thread.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X