Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could go back in time and give our modern tech to someone, would you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could go back in time and give our modern tech to someone, would you?

Consider, if you went back and gave the Roman empire the tech needed to survive the barbarians, the dark ages would have been avoided. Or, give the Byzantines the tech to survive the crusaders and moslems. Give the American indians the tech of metalurgy...

When, where and what would you give?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Ipod -> to myself -> 1994 -> Sell it to some company -> become millionaire

Comment

I’d give a world history book to Napoleon, Hitler, and Jesus just for ****s and giggles.

Comment

Napoleon might not invade Spain or Russia. France might be the world's only superpower. Nazi Germany...no invasion of Russia...maybe no invasion of Slovakia...
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
          I’d give a world history book to Napoleon, Hitler, and Jesus just for ****s and giggles.
          Could hitler have won the war if he had a detailed history book about WW2? Surely as soon as he used the information once, the course of the war would be different.

Comment

No, I wouldn't.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I would give the US of 1940 a stealth bomber.

Comment

Didn't Back to the Future 2 teach us anything?

Comment

I'd trade my DSL connection for a lavish Thracian slave anytime.
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

No.

1. It's going to screw everything up
                    2. They won't understand it anyway
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

2. They won't understand it anyway
                      Or burn you to a stake
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                        Or burn you to a stake

That's infinitely worse.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: If you could go back in time and give our modern tech to someone, would you?

Originally posted by Lancer
                          Consider, if you went back and gave the Roman empire the tech needed to survive the barbarians, the dark ages would have been avoided. Or, give the Byzantines the tech to survive the crusaders and moslems. Give the American indians the tech of metalurgy...

When, where and what would you give?
                          I'd go back to the 1930s and chuck pc towers at people.

Comment

I'd go back to Athens and start the Badacemy: an equal and opposite to the Academy where the pleasures of the flesh are emphasized over those of the mind.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yes, I'd give the first human being a revolver and stick candy in it.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X