Oppose total americanization: say "Sushi" instead of "Spam"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeBro

Some Germans use "Elektropost". That will teach those 'murricans!
    I suppose the proper Swedish word is e-post.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Swedish for electronic mail = elektronisk sända med posten

e-posten?
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Your translator thought that "mail" was the verb.

E-posten happens to be a valid word too; it's the definite form "the email".
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

The hebrew "Doel" superior to all other e-mail surrogates.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Blimey...a jew thinking he's got something superior..what are the odds on that héy.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Blimey, a european having problem with jews... what are the odds of that hey.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

May I please have a sushi sandwich?

Eh, doesn't seem to fit.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Fish Fingers would be the fish equivalent of spam wouldn't they?

You could say 'damn, I got another fish finger in my box'.
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Fish fingers are fine as they are usually cod.

Fishcakes are the usual nasty bastards as they are reconstituted fish bits from all the crappy fish that nobody likes. Plus they are usually greyish-pink and taste like soggy cardboard.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                        Fish fingers are fine as they are usually cod.

Fishcakes are the usual nasty bastards as they are reconstituted fish bits from all the crappy fish that nobody likes. Plus they are usually greyish-pink and taste like soggy cardboard.
                        I doubt there's a lot of cod in a fishfinger, usually it's something a lot cheaper. (don't how it's called in English).
                        Some more expensive brands may use (mainly) cod, but not many, don't forget that salmon is about halve the price of cod.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Spam Musubi

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by alva

I doubt there's a lot of cod in a fishfinger, usually it's something a lot cheaper. (don't how it's called in English).
                            Some more expensive brands may use (mainly) cod, but not many, don't forget that salmon is about halve the price of cod.
                            Possibly tuna or mackeral or shark.
                            There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

most fish fingers contain pollack these days
                              veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Whats wrong with total Americanization?

:ducking:
                                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                                2004 Presidential Candidate
                                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                                X