Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Hail the Glorious People's Revolution in Vietnam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackCat

Romania ? Cuba ?
    I don't know much about Romania. However, Cuba used to execute its political prisoners without trial. Now they give them a show trial first and then lock them away for life.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
      I don't know much about Romania. However, Cuba used to execute its political prisoners without trial. Now they give them a show trial first and then lock them away for life.
      They all had trials, Ned. They may not have been fair trials, but they were trials. And those in the Kangaroo courts were really nasty people, Batistas murderers and tortuers, so don't weap too much for them.

Romania, well, Romania is just a very sad place where they think that they way to rule is to imitate Vlad the Impaler.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat
        Romania?
        Romania is a strange case. It became extremely harsh under Ceaucescu, because of the despot's personality. Unlike what happened in the USSR or in East Germany, where a conservative bureaucracy took over (with a strong emphasis on stability, which made these regimes far less extreme), Romania witnessed the rise of a megalomaniac dictator. It's not the first time such a thing happened in the Soviet bloc (Stalin's rise to power was against the more moderate heirs of Lenin).

A totalitarian regime runs an inherent risk of granting all the power to one man. The common use of political violence against opponents make it much more likely that a dangerous man remains unopposed.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Romania, well, Romania is just a very sad place where they think that they way to rule is to imitate Vlad the Impaler.
          I have a Romanian friend. That place was simply insane according to him.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
            I have a Romanian friend. That place was simply insane according to him.
            I think there are some similarities between Ceausescu's Romania and North Korea. An amazing cult of personality. An economic system that isn't designed for the needs of the people, but for the whim of the despot (which explains why North Korea has a famine and nukes - or why Romania had very poor living condition and the biggest palace in the world). A terrible paranoia that leads the despot to punish its population for pretty much anything.

Stalinism.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Yes, it was thirty years ago that the people of Vietnam finally prevailed in their thirty year war against the imperialist running dogs and finally overthrew the last remnents of colonialism, i.e., theSaigon regime.
              Too bad Greece didn't do the same. Maybe we'd have some objectivity around these forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Propaganda

Too bad Greece didn't do the same. Maybe we'd have some objectivity around these forums.
                In a sense you are right. Places that were once ruled by communism have a lot of objectivity about that form of government.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                X