US universities/colleges still suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    Why would you complain about the poor English of someone from Switzerland, Asher? How well do you speak French, German, and Italian?
    He's from San Jose, Kuci.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Your English is terrible, if only because you have yet to master the shift key. You also have comma splices, sentence fragments, and major punctuation problems.
      its not worth my time

Don't give me the excuse that you "just don't care" when typing online -- it should be a natural thing to anyone with good English skills, and good people skills.
      i dont remeber saying that. i dont make excuses.

I don't think you can make any judgement on someone's people skills based on an online forum, in any case. In person I'm told I have excellent people skills by friends, family, my manager, my customers, etc.
      who said i was talking about you? i was talking about the CS crowd in general. however, the fact that you brought it up, might say something . . .
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
        who said i was talking about you? i was talking about the CS crowd in general. however, the fact that you brought it up, might say something . . .
        Err...you said:
        again, a lack of people skills is evident from your part.

Not only does your English need work, so does your reading comprehension. You don't even understand what you write just minutes before.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
          So quantity over quality?

No. Quantity would be lines of code. As long as you have a reasonable definition of "solved", it's about quality.

The only reason University of Calgary sucks is that it's in Calgary.^-^
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
            Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
            So quantity over quality?

No. Quantity would be lines of code. As long as you have a reasonable definition of "solved", it's about quality.

The only reason University of Calgary sucks is that it's in Calgary.^-^
            You mean the UoC, right?
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

He's from San Jose, Kuci.
              nope, but close.

Not only does your English need work, so does your reading comprehension. You don't even understand what you write just minutes before.
              well, i was trying to be nice, but since i already said that, i guess ill have to agree with what i said before, and say that you might be making that stuff up (what your coworkers say haha). theres no way any of us can verify any of it
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

If my people skills sucked in real life, do you really think IBM would have hired me to deal with major customers on a regular basis? Maybe they thought I had both good people skills and good technical skills?

Comment

If my people skills sucked in real life, do you really think IBM would have hired me to deal with major customers on a regular basis? Maybe they thought I had both good people skills and good technical skills?
                  to that question, i must give you a wholehearted answer...

YES.

you are relatively better then anyone else in the CS division.

Comment

Comment

...but you certainly keep it a secret here
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Comment

Nah, I was jokingly referring to your online people skills
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

I got that. And I responded in kind with a reference.

It's not my fault you lack the culture and knowledge and are entirely ignorant about the reference.

Comment

Is it Apolyton lore?

Comment

Office Space: Directed by Mike Judge. With Ron Livingston, Jennifer Aniston, David Herman, Ajay Naidu. Three company workers who hate their jobs decide to rebel against their greedy boss.

Comment

Working...
                                X