No announcement yet.

Underestimate Thomas At Your Own Peril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good on you, but you're still a close-minded idiot for dismissing thing as crap if you've never heard it.

Three versions of the Mahler Symphony doesn't give you that ability.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If you start a thread about the new 'Brooks and Dunn' album, you can bet your ass I wouldn't reply to it saying "this album sucks!" without giving it a listen.

Ah ha! Neither did I! Point to where I said "This album sucks". The worst thing I said is that "I'll pass". Apparently, I'm not allowed to say an album is not my cup of tea until I listen to the whole thing .

And of course you wouldn't say "This Album Sucks". You just pop in and say "Country sucks" and how you listened to it over and over again because your parents or some such BS and how it's all this and that... you know, like you have in the past.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Come on guys... let's discuss the topic and NOT the posters...

Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good on you, but you're still a close-minded idiot for dismissing thing as crap if you've never heard it.

Would you subject yourself to a Spice Girls album, or do you already have a pretty good idea about it?
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Ah ha! Neither did I! Point to where I said "This album sucks". The worst thing I said is that "I'll pass". Apparently, I'm not allowed to say an album is not my cup of tea until I listen to the whole thing .
            Okay, sorry then, I got you confused with Agathon.

Thank you for your valuable contribution, then!

And of course you wouldn't say "This Album Sucks". You just pop in and say "Country sucks" and how you listened to it over and over again because your parents or some such BS and how it's all this and that... you know, like you have in the past.
            Except my parents don't listen to Country, my dad listened to 70s arena rock and my mom listens to stuff like Cher and The Supremes.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'd rather have an angry ferret inserted into my rectum than listen to a Matchbox 20 record.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                Would you subject yourself to a Spice Girls album, or do you already have a pretty good idea about it?
                I don't buy albums that have the majority of songs written by someone other than the person performing them.

I wouldn't say they suck, I just would never want to buy it, nor would I want to participate in a thread to discuss it (hint hint).

Comment

I don't buy albums that have the majority of songs written by someone other than the person performing them.

Weird.

I wouldn't say they suck, I just would never want to buy it, nor would I want to participate in a thread to discuss it (hint hint).

You mean you're against people trolling threads that they aren't really interested in making a proper contribution to?

Interesting....
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Some of the CDs which are currently my picks:

-Modest Mouse - Good news for people who like bad news.

-Postal Service - Give Up

-The Zutons - Who shot the Zutons

-The Decemberists - Castaways and cutouts

-Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It in People
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Some of the CDs which are currently on my **** list:

-Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Somelike like you

-Matchbox 20 - Mad Season

-Matchbox 20 - More then You think you Are

-Rob Thomas - Something to do

-Shania Twain - (all CDs)
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I'd rather have an angry ferret inserted into my rectum than listen to a Matchbox 20 record.
                        So you're "torn"?
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                          Some of the CDs which are currently on my **** list:

-Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Somelike like you

-Matchbox 20 - Mad Season

-Matchbox 20 - More then You think you Are

-Rob Thomas - Something to do

-Shania Twain - (all CDs)
                          In that case you should pick up Tabitha's Secret and Supernatural.

Comment

"Underestimate Thomas at your own peril"

I'll continue to take my chances. Can't be any worse than actually listening to him.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I'm the guy who has at least three versions of each Mahler Symphony.
                              Amateur.

And, of course, there's which 3 that are in question. I know you have Boulez and Karajan for the 6th, and they're both recordings.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Amateur

My classical collection would own yours. It runs well into the thousands.

And you're a lightweight anyway, preferring the superficial emotionalism of Bernstein to the gravitas of a conductor like Barbirolli.

For the 6th I also have Barbirolli, Szell, and Wit (not bad for a cheapie). Szell is good, although it is a live recording with some coughing. I probably have another one that I've forgotten about (since a large chunk of my stuff is in storage at home).
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X