Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    He may definetly have been.
    Then he and Buck Birdseed can go sit in a corner together.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

There are certain things you can tell from an album cover. This one says, smarm.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

He wasn't saying those statements were contradictory. I think he was making reference to the style of music you listen to and your arguments about the same.

Indeed.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I've never argued that my musical tastes are superior to anyone's, and I don't deride people for what types of music they listen to

Yes you do. You've derided me for saying in effect that Brahms was girly and boring, and I derided you back for being girly and boring.

Don't try to pretend you aren't a gigantic ponce about it when you get your dander up.

I maintain that you must really hate music, if you are prepared to give Rob Thomas a pass. To all true music lovers it is a crime that he lives and breathes. Well, perhaps I'd settle for him being on a respirator.

Besides, this is Asher's thread and my responses are tame compared to his usual response to the musical tastes of others, so stop trying to prevent trolling fun.

He seems to appreciate music for music, while you seem to be more interested in music as an indicator of social status.

More like the decline of civilization, but that's another story.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
            Yes you do. You've derided me for saying in effect that Brahms was girly and boring, and I derided you back for being girly and boring.
            Nope, I've just defended Brahms from your inept attacks. My defending my own tastes doesn't mean I'm deriding anyone else's. Basic logic there, professor.

But let's see..."girly," "ponce..." I'd wonder how you'd be able insult people without resorting to sexuality slurs. It seems that snobbery and homophobic comments are all that's in your arsenal.

I maintain that you must really hate music, if you are prepared to give Rob Thomas a pass. To all true music lovers it is a crime that he lives and breathes. Well, perhaps I'd settle for him being on a respirator.
            I'm only giving Thomas a "pass" in the sense that I'm passing on his music. What more can be done besides that?

But many would have said the same of Wagner in his day. In fact, he was perhaps the most critically reviled of all the composers.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              Indeed.
              So you admit you're a snob.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Not that I would care about being labeled a snob. I don't see what's so bad about it, or why you're trying so hard to pretend you're not one...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Not that I would care about being labeled a snob. I don't see what's so bad about it, or why you're trying so hard to pretend you're not one...
                  You don't think it's bad to be "smugly superior about one's own tastes and interests" or be someone who has "contempt for those whom he considers his inferiors?" Interesting.

I, for one, don't think it's cool to put people down because of their tastes in music. I'll give you the same challenge I did to Agathon. Cite one example where I've derided others for the type of music they like. You won't be able to, because I don't do it.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You don't think it's bad to be "smugly superior about one's own tastes and interests" or be someone who has "contempt for those whom he considers his inferiors?"

Not really. I wish I could be a snob but, alas, I'm too common.

Anyway, you're not fooling anyone, Boris. Why don't you just revel in your snobbishness, like molly? Better an honest snob than a disingenuous one...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

@ Boris.

You've slagged off my tastes before, and not just "defending yourself" (which in your book equates to sarcastic witticisms or vague emotionalism).

So stop pretending that you're some paragon of virtue. Drake is right. In fact you are probably the smuggest ***** on the board.

You must be pretty screwed up to pretend you aren't a snob.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Not really. I wish I could be a snob but, alas, I'm too common.
                        Hey, you've already shown you're a snob and admitted it. Can't backtrack now.

Anyway, you're not fooling anyone, Boris. Why don't you just revel in your snobbishness, like molly? Better an honest snob than a disingenuous one...
                        Whatever you say.

You: Deriding someone over his taste in music.
                        Me: Not deriding anyone over such.

So who's the snob here again?
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

But let's see..."girly," "ponce..." I'd wonder how you'd be able insult people without resorting to sexuality slurs.

It has nothing to do with you being gay, and everything to do with you being a girly ponce.

Most gay people aren't like that... thank God.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Anyway, you're not fooling anyone, Boris. Why don't you just revel in your snobbishness, like molly? Better an honest snob than a disingenuous one..

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hey, you've already shown you're a snob and admitted it.

I'm from Nebraska. It's impossible for me to be a snob considering that Nebraskans a) have no taste and b) are superior to no one. It's a sad fate, I must admit, but I've learned to deal with it.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                                You've slagged off my tastes before, and not just "defending yourself" (which in your book equates to sarcastic witticisms or vague emotionalism).
                                Yeah, I'm sure you'll provide an example of such. Go ahead. And of course, there's just another baseless insult from you.

I've never "slagged" your tastes in music. What would I slag?

On the contrary, you constantly (and to a tiresome level) see fit to insult my musical tastes at every opportunity, unbidden. If it's not a Brahms quip, it's an oh-so-witty Bruckner put-down (I especially loved your wonderfully amusing anecdote of the witty "Mahler Good, Bruckner Bad" motto. However did anyone think of that saying?).

You then even had the nerve to falsely accuse me of hating Wagner once, and I have no idea where that came from. I think your paranoia is causing you to hallucinate attacks.

So stop pretending that you're some paragon of virtue. Drake is right. In fact you are probably the smuggest ***** on the board.

You must be pretty screwed up to pretend you aren't a snob.
                                Coming from you, this is rich. Why don't we put up an "arrogant snob" poll and see whom folks think of is the most smug on Apolyton. I'm willing to bet you win over anyone else on this board by a landslide.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X