Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    Amateur

My classical collection would own yours. It runs well into the thousands.
    You don't have a clue as to the size of my collection. I'm not impressed.

Besides, that doesn't say much. Most of us don't listen to music just for the purpose of lording our "superior tastes" over others.

And you're a lightweight anyway, preferring the superficial emotionalism of Bernstein to the gravitas of a conductor like Barbirolli.
    Talk about superficial. I happen to have the Barbirolli as well, in addition to the Szell, Solti, Sanderling, Tennstedt, Boulez, Zander, Rattle and Thomas-Tillson recordings. I like many of them for different reasons (But the Boulez is simply dull, and the Tennstedt is god-awful in its distortions). I'd certainly take either Bernstein any day over Boulez or Karajan, both emotionally stunted interpretations. Bernstein superficial? No. Melodramatic at times, yes, but that's hardly the same thing.

But the overall point is that you shouldn't go around in that snoody way of yours proclaiming your musical superiority--about music you haven't even heard, no less--when there's plenty of other folks who can own you on that front.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

But the overall point is that you shouldn't go around in that snoody way of yours proclaiming your musical superiority--about music you haven't even heard, no less--when there's plenty of other folks who can own you on that front.

Look who's talking. I guess the Rob Thomas CD will find its way into your collection now.

And you're still a lightweight who prefers the girly stuff.

You don't have a clue as to the size of my collection. I'm not impressed.

You once claimed to own 5-600 discs. God knows if you were lying at the time, but we had a thread on CD ownership a while back and you came in well after a few others.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

I don't think Boris is a fan of Rob Thomas at all, he's just calling a spade a spade w.r.t. you.

He seems to appreciate music for music, while you seem to be more interested in music as an indicator of social status.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Rob Thomas had that one good song with Santana and thats about it..

Comment

So you've also heard the CD then?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

No. Does Santana make a guest appearance?

Comment

No, John Mayer does though.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                  Look who's talking. I guess the Rob Thomas CD will find its way into your collection now.
                  Look who's talking? I'd love one cite where I've ever insulted people for their tastes in music. Just one will do. You, however, seem to always criticize other people's music without being asked. As this thread shows, you're a total snob, even about things you haven't heard.

I've never heard of Rob Thomas and have no opinion, although I can guess it's not my kind of music. So what? I'm not going to bash people who listen to his music, especially since I haven't heard it. Duh.

You once claimed to own 5-600 discs. God knows if you were lying at the time, but we had a thread on CD ownership a while back and you came in well after a few others.
                  I'd be happy to see a cite on that as well. But regardless, much of my collection isn't on disc. The future is now. It still doesn't mean much, since it's quality that matters, not quantity.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    I don't think Boris is a fan of Rob Thomas at all, he's just calling a spade a spade w.r.t. you.

He seems to appreciate music for music, while you seem to be more interested in music as an indicator of social status.
                    Good Cliff's Notes, yes.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Irony Alert!

Most of us don't listen to music just for the purpose of lording our "superior tastes" over others.

But the overall point is that you shouldn't go around in that snoody way of yours proclaiming your musical superiority

KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        No, John Mayer does though.
                        Hm, Mayer's alright...

I'll give the album a try

Comment

Drake, what was ironic? The two statements are entirely consistent. You do know what irony means, yes?
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

He wasn't saying those statements were contradictory. I think he was making reference to the style of music you listen to and your arguments about the same.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              He wasn't saying those statements were contradictory. I think he was making reference to the style of music you listen to and your arguments about the same.
                              I've never argued that my musical tastes are superior to anyone's, and I don't deride people for what types of music they listen to. Unless Drake is implying that listening to classical music makes one a de facto snob (which would actually in itself be musical snobbery), then I fail to see any point he has. I suspect he has none, per usual.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Unless Drake is implying that listening to classical music makes one a de facto snob

He may definetly have been.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X