No announcement yet.

Underestimate Thomas At Your Own Peril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shania is soooo 2 years ago . She's gone poppier than Rob Thomas...

Tricia Yearwood hasn't really done anything in a while...

Better say go back to Green Day or Allison Krauss... at least they are more recent .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The latest Green Day song is played more on the local pop station (CHUM-FM) than Rob Thomas' song.

For someone who apparently hates "pop" on its face, does that bother you?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Nope... pop stations once in a while realizing good rock music is a good thing and should be encouraged. It keeps crappy pop off the radio as much as possible.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Nope... pop stations once in a while realizing good rock music is a good thing and should be encouraged. It keeps crappy pop off the radio as much as possible.

The best part about this thread is you and Agathon have shown yourself to be so judgemental that you blind yourself to the true merit of music.

I would pity you two, but you're so happy with your condescending superior musical tastes.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ah yes, the true merit of music... tell me is that Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, or other pop idols?

Comment

Do you really need me to explain the logical fallacy in that argument?

You and Agathon are both doing an excellent job -- in both of my threads -- in proving another point of mine inadvertently.

Not all pop is good, not all rock is good, not all country is good, not all classical is good.

If you weren't so close-minded, maybe you would enjoy music more for what it is. For all the **** Agathon (and you) give me for being uncultured, you're both clearly in a far, far worse position.

Comment

Let me ask you Asher, name me a country artist you like. Knowing your past arguments on the genre, can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y?

Accusing someone of being close minded for not liking a style of music... when you don't like an entire style of music... too rich.

Comment

Willie Nelson

I also like some Dolly Parton, I downloaded more of her work after Agathon sent me her cover of a Collective Soul song.

What else you got?

Comment

wait a sec . .. you like country music immie? do you watch nashville star? do you walk around with a cowboy hat?
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      192Kbps WMA, without DRM.

If you want I can send you the 5.1 channel 24-bit/96KHz WMA rip I have, too.

Iesus Kristi!

The horror. The horror.

There's not a single WMA in my ~20 gigs of music, and I have no intention of that ever changing.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        Willie Nelson

I also like some Dolly Parton, I downloaded more of her work after Agathon sent me her cover of a Collective Soul song.

What else you got?
                        So you are saying that someone that likes country doesn't demonstrate bad taste simply for liking the genre (as you have said before?)

Or are you saying that someone can think people who like a genre have crap taste, but can like certain groups within that genre - and thus are not 'closed minded' towards music?

Comment

I'm saying you're close-minded for dismissing things outright without giving them a try.

And low-fi 30s snippits don't count.

Comment

So what's the last 'Brooks and Dunn' album you've listened to cover-to-cover?

And your response is that you can't dismiss something without either a) stealing the music, or b) buying the music.... yeah, sure.

Comment

If you start a thread about the new 'Brooks and Dunn' album, you can bet your ass I wouldn't reply to it saying "this album sucks!" without giving it a listen.

My response is that you can't dismiss something without listening to it. That's a reasonable assumption.

No one is forcing you to give your opinion on something you know nothing about, yet here you are.

Comment

If you weren't so close-minded, maybe you would enjoy music more for what it is. For all the **** Agathon (and you) give me for being uncultured, you're both clearly in a far, far worse position.

I have plenty of kitschy crap that I keep around for amusement's sake, but my CD collection would put yours to shame.

I'm the guy who has at least three versions of each Mahler Symphony.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X