Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got unbanned quickly
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

From Imran's selectively-copied article...

Ultimately, however, Thomas wanted to combine his guitar-centric roots with the deeper grooves of urban music. "The thing that gets me off is having tracks that have Tom Petty's guitar player and Dr. Dre's bass player on them," says Thomas, who also recruited John Mayer to play guitar. "I wanted a record that bass players would listen to and go, 'Man, that's funky.'" Adds the album's producer, Matt Serletic, "Rob's always been sort of a soulful singer. This was an opportunity to highlight that."

Thomas is enjoying the solo life -- "You don't have to wait for five guys to get things done" -- but he swears that he is still committed to Matchbox Twenty, who have released three platinum albums since 1996. "We've broken up so many times that I don't imagine it ever sticking," he says. "But we were uninspired. If we had made a record now, we would become every bad thing critics have said about us."
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I think all of you should at least acquire it (PM me )

And be infected by filthy WMA files? Athena forbid!
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

192Kbps WMA, without DRM.

If you want I can send you the 5.1 channel 24-bit/96KHz WMA rip I have, too.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Damn, I though this thread was going to be about Asher having obtained personal knowledge of Justice Clarence Thomas's organ.
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

192Kbps WMA, without DRM.

If you want I can send you the 5.1 channel 24-bit/96KHz WMA rip I have, too.
              If you put it that way...

Comment

So yesterday, one of the best albums I've heard in years was released: Rob Thomas' (of matchbox twenty) ...something to be. It's just awesome. And it's not like MB20, it's more ecclectic. Don't really know how to explain it.
                heres an idea asher . . . why dont you two marry?

$5 says this music is just as bad as before. and oh yeah, dont trust todays music reviewers. theres always someone out there whose gonna like it. no one is critical anymore, especially rolling stone, who needs to be nice to all the artists so that they come back for more interviews.
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I always ignore the critics.

The album is great. It's diverse, it's honest and heart-felt, it's catchy, and it's well-constructed.

Comment

I always ignore the critics.
                    And yet you quote one in your first post on this thread. It was you who opened that door.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think all of you should at least acquire it

I've heard 30 second snippits of the songs on the album... I'll pass.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        And yet you quote one in your first post on this thread. It was you who opened that door.
                        Because I know the lesser people here want everyone else to make a decision for them, so I helped you out.

I'm encouraging everyone to listen with an open mind and form their own opinions, and am making that a pretty easy option.

But you still get children plugging their ears and spamming insults and general rhetoric because they know it's not cool to like the musical act in question.

Grow some balls, people.

Comment

I've heard 30 second snippits of the songs on the album... I'll pass.
                          30 second snippits at 32Kbps sure gives you insight into the artistic merits of a piece of work, doesn't it?

Are there any people on this site that are genuinely interested in music, or just the pretentious ****ers already here?

Comment

[Q] Originally posted by Agathon
                            Total crap. Should be banned on grounds of taste.

You've heard the album already?

Originally posted by Agathon
                            Do I need to?

Now there is an opinion you can put your trust in!
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

30 second snippits at 32Kbps sure gives you insight into the artistic merits of a piece of work, doesn't it?

It lets me know if I'll like the music... and I didn't.

Comment

It lets me know if I'll like the music... and I didn't.
                                Okay, go back to your Tricia Yearwood/Shania Twain then.

Comment

Working...
                                X