No announcement yet.

Love and dating thread for the divorced, don't enter with yer crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy A reports the her arms, the shape therof, and such drives him to distraction.

Comment

Guy A needs to stop staring at Girl B's arms long enough to figure out a way to get her self-confidence up.

If she is Girl B who is Girl A?
      I changed my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Just wait until you... I mean Guy A is actually divorced before doing anything.
        Just curious but why ?? In Canada everything is no fault so you could sleep with every lady in a 10 mile radius and it would have no impact on the legalities. Is this different in the States?

If its emotional, I don't think the actual final divorce decree changes much . .. either you are ready to date of you are not and 6 weeks is very little time
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Personally I wouldn't let teaching her Sunday School 16 years ago stop anything. Go for it. If it turns out to be "too weird" , it probably would never work and you've really lost nothing as long as you are not an ass about it
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Since you named the characters Guy A, and Girl B, why not cut it down to A and B from now on to make it shorter?

Comment

Ooooo... Established relationship with the parents as equals... Now THAT could be a problem....
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                Why are you conflicted? Cause you taught her 16 years ago? Its 16 years ago!

Hell, I married my brothers ex-girlfriend!!! Get over it!
                Did you really? That must make family get togethers a bit odd knowing your brother has had sex with your wife.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
                  Girl B has both in spades and in such depth thatGuy A is postitively inflamed to explore!

Guy A is really conflicted here.
                  Just ask her out and see how things go.

Comment

Go for it.

For what it's worth, I asked out one of my co-interns today, a girl I've had my eye on since July. Pretty much got blown off. At this point in my life, I've been rejected so many times that it's hard to take it personally anymore.

So if you go for it, and it doesn't work out, no big thing. I'm sure there are other former students who would jump at the chance.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dizle

Age difference, blue collar to white collar, friendship of guy A to girl B's mother and father, church teachings and such, AGE DIFFERENCE....and the general feeling that Girl B might be overwhelmed by Guy A's image and perceived social standing and financial worth; wheras Guy A would like to think that he could establish a relationship with Girl B on more meaningful terms...I mean, how do you account for that sort of thing. This girl, woman, Girl B; is a darned GEM among the chaff. Guy A sees her as a PRINCESS! But, she is at a low point in her life and thinks of herself as a toad.

Guy A wants to find a way to honorably woe her and at the same time not to take advantage of her circumstances.

Guy A has probably blasted out of orbit in regards to her and is seriously in need of help. Houston, we have a problem.
                      Dude.

You know what you want.

Just take it, OK?

And be happy about it and make her happy in the process. Women want to know that they are wanted and desired. If she wants to hear that from you and you want to say that to her, then what's the problem?

So what if the situation's perfect? If circumstance and desire shall meet, so much the better!

16 years-difference will mean less and less as the years go by. Do the math.

You're an adult. So are your family and parishoners. Any "harm" that might be generated will be alleviated with the passage of time - especially with a happy and content marriage to show for it. The best revenge is living well.
                      Last edited by JohnT; April 20, 2005, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                        Ooooo... Established relationship with the parents as equals... Now THAT could be a problem....

The game is played differently at this level. Capt Dizle is in his mid-forties, with a (hopefully!) solid history behind him (any kids, Dizle?) While he always needs to be respectful, there's nothing wrong with him treating her parents as equals or friends.

Fact of Life #1: Once you're married, or once you've been married, or once you're older than, say, 24, nobody gives a **** (and, really, nobody gave a **** though you thought they did) about your sex life. We just assume that, if you're an adult, you're getting laid somehow.

It's not like he's just getting out of high school, nor is it like her parents don't know how her "date nights" are ending up. I mean, the lady in question is in her 30's with 3 kids.

The only obstacles I see are the ones that Dizle is creating out of thin air - social pressure? Age difference? "Her parents might not like it"? "I have money"? (still trying to figure that one out.)

This girl, woman, Girl B; is a darned GEM among the chaff.

I don't really know what this means. Genetically modified... huh?
                        Last edited by JohnT; April 20, 2005, 00:11.

Comment

Not good with metaphors or alliteration I see.

Comment

Who... Dizle?

He's not good with pronouns like "her" and "I", either.

Comment

Wow. Guy B is jealous of Guy A being able to consider dating, having fun, and... oh wait, my wife just told Guy B that just because he has been married 7 years, that it doesn't change the fact that he is the luckiest person in the world.
                              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

JohnT: He's just mixing his metaphors.
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X