No announcement yet.

ShowCase should be banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angels in America sounds like art...... totally worthless.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Holy ****...

MRT went to ACE Computer Camp?

So did I! (as did Mono and MLeonard)
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Eye of the beholder......you think its art some other people dont...fine...but dont say all high and mighty that you know what is art and what isnt and dont say other people dont
        [eric cartmans voice] GODDAMN HIPPIES[/eric cartmans voice]
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

(1) It's on cable.

(2) Gay people exist and do that ****.

(3) Get over your homophobia NYE.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

As much as you'd like to believe, thanks to bad movies, art isn't something classified by anyone who puts an "art" label on something. Art must have a purpose. Which is why two gay men having sex means nothing out of context.

I'm sick of the word "art" being bastardized by those not familiar with it...

And I ain't no hippie. I'm wearing a ****ing wife-beater for Christ's sake...
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              The real question is why you watched that much of it, dude.

I always switch channels after the first insertion.
              I just about choked when I read that.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

'wife-beater' ????

the beauty about art is that it doesnt have to have an purpose FOR YOU...but CAN FOR SOMEONE ELSE! that is my point...i dont have US tv so i dont give a **** about what kind of shows you have...
                Bunnies!
                God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

I will refrain from the obvious insult...

Comment

Bunnies!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                      'wife-beater' ????

the beauty about art is that it doesnt have to have an purpose FOR YOU...but CAN FOR SOMEONE ELSE! that is my point...i dont have US tv so i dont give a **** about what kind of shows you have...
                      You're missing the ****ing point. The complaint of NYE is that he has to see an alternative lifestyle at a time when his apparently underage nephews could possibly be watching the television.

Should art suffer because he doesn't want it on?

That is, if you had read this play, you would understand what the purpose is. If you see this homosexual scene out of context, you don't.

You obviously haven't seen or read "Angels in America", so you have no frame of reference, to quote "Big Lebowski".

The beauty about art is that it has a purpose and a form and isn't as random or elitest as some make it out to be.

Comment

You think a guy bent over by a tree saying 'bang me and make me bleed' is art?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          (1) It's on cable.

(2) Gay people exist and do that ****.

(3) Get over your homophobia NYE.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You think a guy bent over by a tree saying 'bang me and make me bleed' is art?
                            Out of context, no.

Within the context, if it has a purpose, yes.

In a play I was in I cut out a girl's tongue after I raped her. Out of context, that's sick. In context, it made a point: the play was about the rape of conquerors over the land they take (among other things).

Comment

Showcase always puts warnings before its shows with questionable content. I've seen some pretty hard core hetero sex on that Channel (which sucks now since the introduction of digital means that they stretch one channel's worth of programming over five channels).

If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. And don't let your kids watch it if you don't want them to.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR ****ING POINT I CARE ABOUT YOU NOTHING ****TING ON PEOPLE ABOUT STUFF BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU CAN SAY WHAT IS ART OR NOT...i havent seen 'angels in America' so no i cant say for myself if i think its art or not...but i dont need some to tell me IF it is art and it is great and blah blah blah...since when cant people have own opinions about art...
                                Bunnies!

Comment

Working...
                                X