Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Race

.. opening to American stupidity! OK let's start

First of all, why is it that you can speak 1) english 2) bad english? It's a bit amusing when some couples (read most) goes to some other country, and they freaking always start speaking BAD english. Is that helping any? Also, when the subject is the most trivial, most start using 'SIGN LANGUAGE'. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND ME. A BOX. A BOX. A BOX. Tip number one. Even though they don't speak english, treating them like retards won't help. I would say it's an interesting phenomenon. DOO YOUU SPEAAAK ENGLASSH? GOsh these people are retarded UNGGH! Naturally there are ones who makes better in these situations, and also speaks other languages as well. Note, especially you Dissident, saying that everyone should just learn english at this point makes the one suggesting this a ******... hey when in Rome.. or leave the mexicans alone.. which one is it gonna be?

OK next up. Driving with 'stick'. Surprisingly many do master it, and actually it's clear that many knew how to do it before and had driven manuals.. so nto a problem really. What's up with the gas though? Does anyone know the difference between diesel and regular? Not just a problem with one couple and one season and one leg. No... What's up with that? 'Well in here..'' SHUT UP! You don't have to be stupid no matter where you are. Stop defending idiots with saying it's ok to be a ****** blubber brain!

So.. what's up?

ps. this is about amazing race stupidities. Brits and French are stupid too, when it comes to being outside their own country.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I am amazed at how there is always one couple on that show that can't read a map... seriously, it ain't that freakin' hard!
    Monkey!!!

Comment

yeah ... that's true too. There was this especially useless person in one team, who couldn't drive OR read the map.. the frustration in that team was pretty good .

Anyway.. keep in mind, amazing race stupidities. Not stereotype US bashing thread. Amazing race stupidities.

Also, it's usually the ones who are more relaxed, that goes further in the game.. the ones who keep shouting at each other usually burst a vain in their head before they get to any pit stops. So I usually root for ones who are taking it easy.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

the current on has this old couple that is doing really well for being old, but they are rather easy going despite all the whinning from the wife, who has the habit of saying the most annoying things at the most annoying time.

She was in India and she say, out loud, "Oh look at all the poor people, it's so sad" and walks on by
        Monkey!!!

Comment

haehaah I remember that episode .. it was a 'shut the hell up' moment... but she really is like that, and is genuine so... doesn't mean any bad but jeesh...

Some people are princesses too.. 'ohh it smells so bad in this country, disgusting'. I mean, if you want to be a jerk, sure.. of course most aren't like that at all and even some are able to enjoy their journey in poor parts of the world. Of course it's a race with million bucks on the line.. so it's not like you're there to open your eyes to the cultures and architecture.

But since this is not praising thread, because there are great moments too and sourceful people and hardcore decisions, I have to stick with the amazing stupidities .

I still can't get over the bad english and 'are you retarded' sign language. I mean, do they understand that it's .... annoying is the wrong word.. but that it's.. stupid? Making people feel like they're retarded like that. They won't get their message any faster that way. Besides, when they are trying to force their ways in taxis etc.. being outright rude to some folks, that they will actually get there slower in most cases? The couples who keep being smooth and nice even when the pressure is on, they always get the good service, because... well that's trivial. They say well it's a race, so they need to be bullying on, but some couples don't understand it will hinder them rather than help them. Some couples do it well though, they hide in behind smiles and laughs, trying to cheer on instead of 'MUY RAPIDOOOO!!!' 'ohh this guy doesn't know where he is going JEESH what an IDIOT!'. I mean, sure, they might be lost and idiot, but making it known will get them there slower and it will cost more as well . 'THEY ARE RIPPING US OFF BECAUSE WE ARE AMERICANS!'. No.. they are ripping you off because you were an IDIOT to that dude the whole way....... so I guess it's the law of karma.. the nice people finish better.. and that's the way it ought to be.
          In da butt.

Comment

Condescending is the word you are looking for
            Monkey!!!

Comment

btw, what do you think about rob and amber being in this race? I didn't like them in survivor, but I kind of like them in the race. They are laid back in it, and they will keep winning the legs because of it I believe. And yeah, they have a horse shoe up their butts as well. But I think they make better moves in small details. They actually pay attention to the very small details. And even though they are in tough spot, they don't start being jerks, so they won't get into bad situations either.
              In da butt.

Comment

I never watched survivor, but I don't have a problem with Amber. Rob, however, can suk moneky dung for all I care. He's a posser and an arse. You can race nicely.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

yeah that might be the best word for it. I mean sure some of them just don't understand that they're not being very .. gracious about the whole situation. But that's part of the play I feel like, because you have to play the game to get ahead, and how you handle those situations is sometimes the key to win a leg. That's why older folks often seems to be going further too, even when they get their butts kicked in the detours and road blocks, and walk their way when others are running.. because they are way nicer and usually very respectful about everything and appreciative. That's why I usually root for the old couple as well.
                  In da butt.

Comment

one thing that bothers me big time is the ... parts of the race where everyone has to wait like 10 hours for something to open, so everyone is on the same line again. I understand they have to do it like that, in order to make a working series, but it's frustrating for some I bet.. getting GREAT lead because of a great move they made, and how did they benefit.. well.. they didn't. Then again if that wasn't the way it was done, a couple could take a 3 day lead or something and win it for sures. Then again.,.. would that be a bad thing? Maybe it would...... wouldn't make an interesting final.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Yeah, a REAL around the world trip would be kewl. Like give a bunch of couples cameras and a list of places to take pictures of themselves and see what happens.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

yeah.. that would be awesome. Put some danger element in it.. the last couple to any predetermined finish of a leg would be eliminated.. literally. Executed. By local traditional way!!! Then it would be streamed over the net so everyone can see. 10 couples start. Last 3 couples would not get eliminated literally.. their prize for finishing high is surviving, and the winner of the race would win 10 million bucks. Wanna bet there will be couples? There will be.. at least enough for one season.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          I never watched survivor, but I don't have a problem with Amber. Rob, however, can suk moneky dung for all I care. He's a posser and an arse. You can race nicely.
                          I don't think they will win but I find them entertaining and there is no doubt they are good at this race. They have finished first in more legs than I can ever remember anyone doing
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

they have.. and I think they're pretty good at this too. This race takes a lot of luck too, and they seem to have it, always. But they also play good IMO.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Re: Amazing Race

Originally posted by Pekka

OK next up. Driving with 'stick'. Surprisingly many do master it, and actually it's clear that many knew how to do it before and had driven manuals.. so nto a problem really. What's up with the gas though? Does anyone know the difference between diesel and regular? Not just a problem with one couple and one season and one leg. No... What's up with that? 'Well in here..'' SHUT UP! You don't have to be stupid no matter where you are. Stop defending idiots with saying it's ok to be a ****** blubber brain!

Is Pekka tripping? Does anyone actually understand this part?
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X