Amazing Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    one thing that bothers me big time is the ... parts of the race where everyone has to wait like 10 hours for something to open, so everyone is on the same line again. I understand they have to do it like that, in order to make a working series, but it's frustrating for some I bet.. getting GREAT lead because of a great move they made, and how did they benefit.. well.. they didn't. Then again if that wasn't the way it was done, a couple could take a 3 day lead or something and win it for sures. Then again.,.. would that be a bad thing? Maybe it would...... wouldn't make an interesting final.
    Yup-- But they could easily set up the race to give people big leads as well. Lets say someone has a 3 hour lead, you could start them at 3 pm having to go somewhere that takes an hour and closes at 6. Since everyone else starts after 6, they would end up being 16 hours behind or something.

The "fairest way" might be for legs to start for the first couple only an hour or so before the opening of any necessary location . .. That way all leads are kept but no matter how you do things there will be things that are either great equalizers or great dividers ( like getting a flight out of a little place in Africa to India) It seems like if you don't make the flight one day, you will have to wait a full day for the next. Given the choice, the producers err on the side of bunching people back together.

No shock there
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

they have.. and I think they're pretty good at this too. This race takes a lot of luck too, and they seem to have it, always. But they also play good IMO.
      Yes very few mistakes-- when they goofed and went back in the pack, they came vback to the lead the next time out.

I also kinda like Rob's evil plans. . . Its funny because he does sort of stay true to the people he has said he will help ( so far ) but I like his evil touches . . I thought it was beautiful to pay the bus driver to open the front door while keeping the back one closed
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Is Pekka tripping? Does anyone actually understand this part?
        Ppl on the show have had problems with the vehicles. One couple couldn't drive stick, another put Diesel in their car and then freaked because they thought they were suppose to put in Unleaded even though a giant sticker on the gas cap said "Diesel"
        Monkey!!!

Comment

That show is soooooo boring.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

yeah.. right.. how about giving some other benefits for bigger leads, like.... uhmm.. better place for them to stay the night, for waiting and resting? of course the winners always get a prize like a trip to some nice location, but I think there could be a way to benefit the order they come in, in ways of letting them have better start.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

yeah.. right.. how about giving some other benefits for bigger leads, like.... uhmm.. better place for them to stay the night, for waiting and resting? of course the winners always get a prize like a trip to some nice location, but I think there could be a way to benefit the order they come in, in ways of letting them have better start.
              Well coming first does mean a longer rest-- I often wondered how long those mandatory rest periods were? Do they sack out for a few hours or is it a couple of days later?

I'm mainly thinking of the cameramen here .. . After running all day long I figured they would want to give thema rest as well

Comment

they may swap camera men...

I think it's a 12 hour rest, regardless. Those who come in first get to leave 12 hours later, so it's not like they get a longer rest.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Those who come in first get to leave 12 hours later, so it's not like they get a longer rest.
                  True sort of-- They might get the same rest at the mandatory rest stop but it seems they invariably have a long stop somewhere in the leg where the leaders go to sleep while others are racing onward to catch up

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    they may swap camera men...
                    An obvious thought. I was just thinking how expensive it would be to be sending people all over the world but then I figured that this show is still cheap to make even if they brought 2 camera crews for each of the initial teams.

Cameramen are probably used to irregular hours so going two legs in three probably isn't too bad . . . and heck , if the rest periods are no longer than 12 hours, the whole thing probably gets done in a month

Comment

Pekka, what the frig are you on about?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yet he and Japher seem to have a common language and understand one another...it's like watching a new language form right before my eyes...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What? He just wants to rip on Americans behaving badly in foreign countries... Or any foreigneer behaving badly in another country. Though I have only seen Americans and French ppl do that.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I enjoy watching rob and amber and I'm rooting for them because.
                            1. they understand it's a race and pull some devious stunts.
                            2. they are nice to people almost wherever they are.
                            3. they seem to be having a fun, and don't scream at each other.
                            4. the gay team didn't like them.

And one way to reward early finishers (i can understand why they have to bunch them even though I don't like it) is to have the multiple charter flight thing where the first four couples get tickets on the first one ect. Then everyone else goes 45 minutes later.

Another way is to rig trips that have multiple flights through different connecting cities so there could be advantages of getting there an hour early. And the chance of connecting flights being late and messing things up.

Or my favorite, give them more game money so they can enjoy some luxuries along the way. Like when they're waiting 10 hours for some place to open, they could dine in an expensive resturant, or get a back rub. etc.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Amazing race - how sweet the sound..

Comment

And one way to reward early finishers
                                It would also be kewl to allow them to ride first class on the next leg or something.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X