"get off the road" *HONK*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "get off the road" *HONK*

so i was cycling today, and i was in the right hand lane and towards the middle right of the lane. I was coming up to a red light when the guy behind me honked and yelled get off the road. i turned right and was on my merry way.

I guess that some car drivers dont realize im vehicle too. sure i might have been a little too far in the middle but thats my right, right?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Get out of the bloody way dammit!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Right.

Comment

How fast were you going and what was the speed limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          Get out of the bloody way dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
            How fast were you going and what was the speed limit?
            it was a red light.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Actually, in the city I live in, there is a municipal code against riding bicycles on sidewalks (except for designated bike paths). The aren't enforced, but in the eyes of the law (in my city anyway), you would be correct.

However, you could conceivably get an unsafe driving ticket...
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Washington State Bicycle Laws

Riding on the Road - When riding on a roadway, a cyclist has all the rights and responsibilities of a vehicle driver (RCW 46.61.755). Cyclists who violate traffic laws may be ticketed (RCW 46.61.750).

Roads Closed to Bicycles - Some designated sections of the state's limited access highway system may be closed to bicycles for safety reasons. See State Highway Sections Closed to Bicycles for more information. In addition, local governments may adopt ordinances banning cycling on specific roads or on sidewalks within business districts. See City, County and Regional Contacts to get more information on a specific area.

Children Bicycling - Parents or guardians may not knowingly permit bicycle traffic violations by their ward (RCW 46.61.700).

Riding Side by Side - Cyclists may ride side by side, but not more than two abreast (RCW 46.61.770).

Riding at Night - For night bicycle riding, a white front light (not a reflector) visible for 500 feet and a red rear reflector are required. A red rear light may be used in addition to the required reflector (RCW 46.61.780).

Bicycle Helmets - Currently, there is no state law requiring helmet use. However, some cities and counties do require helmets. See Localities Requiring Bicycle Helments.
                Shoulder vs. Bike Lane - Cyclists may choose to ride on the path, bike lane, should or travel lane as suits their safety needs (RCW 46.61.770).
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

When riding on a roadway, a cyclist has all the rights and responsibilities of a vehicle driver

we should be allowed to run them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                    However, you could conceivably get an unsafe driving ticket...
                    A fellow I knew in college got a niking under the influence citation. It went on his driving record as a DUI even though the reason he was biking was to avoid getting a DUI.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Actually, in the city I live in, there is a municipal code against riding bicycles on sidewalks (except for designated bike paths). The aren't enforced, but in the eyes of the law (in my city anyway), you would be correct.
                      It's the same code pretty much in every town, every country: Bicycle is a vehicle capable of high speed and accidents too and it should be used on car roads, not on sidewalks. Now I could understand why some busy driver would get annoyed if MRT would've driven slowly on the middle of the lane, but if they were both waiting for a red light to turn green near an intersection...

well, some people are just ***holes. no biggie.

Comment

He probably saw one of your films and was registering his disgust (or admiration – people are funny like that).

I hope you aren't like those Canadian arseholes who ride on the footpath (or sidewaaaaaaalllkkk as they call it here).

Those people are scum.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          He probably saw one of your films and was registering his disgust (or admiration – people are funny like that).

I hope you aren't like those Canadian arseholes who ride on the footpath (or sidewaaaaaaalllkkk as they call it here).

Those people are scum.
                          Here in Texas, it's called dirt.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Bikers fight for "share the road" type policy, but when it comes to obeying the law and that "sharing" they are the worst at it... How many times have I seen a biker blow a stop sign or even a traffic light? Or ride on the wrong side of the road? Or hog the lane when they have one of their own?

Way too many. Bikers are the ****** of the road.

And so you know, I went to UC Davis, more bikes per capita in that town, and they, for the most part, obeyed the law and know one was the wiser. I work around Stanford, and the bikers are arseholes.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

haha
                              seeing bike crashes was the best thing about visiting davis

Comment

Working...
                              X