I need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice

I had a first date last night with a girl I met on eHarmony. Tell me guys if you think the date went well or not.

We had planned to play tennis then have dinner. Well, when we went to the tennis courts, they were closed so we decided to skip tennis and just go straight to dinner. I asked her where she wanted to eat and she said that she didn't care. So, we ended up at Lonestar steakhouse. We had a nice dinner. We talked about various stuff, favorite music, favorite movies, our jobs etc... She mentions that she is graduating this May and says that she plans to move away in July. At the end of the dinner I offered to pay and she relunctantly agreed but then thanked me for being so nice and paying for her dinner. I drive her back to her place and she invites me up to watch tv. Well, she has a cat and a dog. I love cats so I got along great with her cat. However, I don't get along very well with dogs. As soon as the dog saw me it started to bark like crazy and try to jump at me, so I cringed and pulled away. She saw my discomfort and drew the dog away from me. We watched Everybody loves Raymond for about 15 minutes. I ask her if she wants to go out again this weekend. She mentions that she is seeing a play tonight and will be spending the weekend with some friends. So I ask if I can see the play with her. She agrees. So, I said that I would call her tonight to pick her up to go see the play. Then, she commented that she was tired so I figured it was time to say goodnight. So I say that I am tired and wish her goodnight. She shakes my hand and says "drive safely".

I definitely plan to see her again tonight and see the play with her. She is moderatly attractive and she is definitely nice to be around. She did comment that she thought I was shy because at times I was not very talkative. I think she is kinda shy too. I tend to be shy around people who are also shy. I need people who are outgoing to kinda bring out the outgoing type inside of me.

So, what's the verdict? Is this girl interested in me?
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

good! i think its too early to judge but just keep hammering away.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

If she's shy, maybe. If she isn't, no.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Don't give up, though, and good luck.
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
          Don't give up, though, and good luck.
          I won't give up. I hope we have a good time at the play. Unfortunately, it's shakespeare so it might be kinda boring. She said she does not particularly enjoy Shakespeare but she has to see the play for a class assignment.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

take her to a tennessee williams play!
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

You got her to agree to a second date, and she didn't turn you down flat when you mentioned plans for the weekend (she just turned you down for this weekend, remember.)

Does that answer your question?

Comment

However, if you get serious about this girl, you gotta get over your thing about dogs.

Comment

Difficult to say, really. Every other sentence seems like a definite turn off and 'NO!' and then she agrees to stuff. Weird. Maybe she's some kind of a crazy woman.

When she said she wanted you to come to watch some telly, that's not what it meant. It meant she wanted to share her birth canal with you and also let you drool on the milk interface. Basically, you had your chances, but you missed it. I would say, you have about... 35% from now on with this woman. POSSIBLE, but unlikely. But I wish you the best anyway and hope you can make something out of it.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

i dont agree with pekka...first dates are always tricky when it comes down to sex and kissing and stuff...you should have kiss her good night though...but over all it went pretty well i think...but second date are really importent (atleast kiss her goodnight i mean) 2 dates and no little kiss tells her you are:

a. TOO shy

b. not interested

with sheakpeare are you going to watch?...

oh and next time dont offer to pay for diner just do it without asking...it is ok if you are shy but alitte asserative never hurt nobody...and oh yes another tip if you are shy dont constantly ask her what she wants to do and stuff like that but come up with your own ideas too...she can turn them down no problem but atleast she isnt being nagged all the time with stupid questions
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

"but second date are really importent "....

WOHOUU!! We have a PARTIAL Freudian here . Never seen those before!

And yeah, they will be IMPORTENT if you won't do something man! Let your hands go! Let your tongue go! let your... go!
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

And yeah, they will be IMPORTENT if you won't do something man! Let your hands go! Let your tongue go! let your... go!

just remember NO means NO! and if you dont get that just think each time she says know that the dogs name is NO and that he will be coming after you
                        Bunnies!
                        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

What is your goal for the relationship: sex, friends... what?

If she is moving away in July, she might be thinking, "What is the point in getting involved with this guy now". Unless she is open to the idea of sex with you in which case she is thinking, "Why didnt this guy make a move? I invited him into my apartment!" I'm not saying she would have given you sex on that first night, but she was probably expecting you to go for a kiss at least.

Try to arrange another date with her that is just the two of you - no friends.. Get some talk going with her about relationships to get her feeling romantic and then spring this question on her: "How would you rate yourself as a kisser on a scale of 1-10?" Whatever she answers, reply, "Would you like an objective opinion?" As long as she doesnt back away in horror, then you go for it and plant a good one right on her lips...

Comment

I need to try that one ones
                            Bunnies!

Comment

well you'll probably find out if she's interested when you take her out again, you shouldn't need people to tell you when the time is right to make a move.

and if she is interested but moving away in july, then you've got a few months of nobbing a 'moderately attractive' bird, without the danger of it becoming a long-term relationship to look forward to. what more do you want?
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X