Mugabe at Papal funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugabe at Papal funeral

What the hell? Who invited this monster?

He's under an EU travel ban--does this mean they can arrest him for being there? God, I hope so.

His presence is a slap in the face to JP2.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

I heard he wasn't invited but just showed up.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

But he was officially greeted by a Bishop.

I doubt a head of state can just "show up" unexpectedly. And if he did, he shouldn't have been accomodated.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

He's under an EU travel ban, but since the Vatican is an independent country Italy is required under some treaty or another to grant him access.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, the Vatican is not part of the EU.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            But he was officially greeted by a Bishop.

I doubt a head of state can just "show up" unexpectedly. And if he did, he shouldn't have been accomodated.
            I agree. I can't/won't defend the catholic church and their decisions.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Are you sure about that? I wonder how independent Vatican City really is. For instance, Monaco is not completely independent of France. Maybe, they can catch him on the way out an deport him to Antarctical or something.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I wonder if the Pope's good buddy Pinochet made the effort too?

Comment

What if Vatican City were an EU member? Maybe it should be the capital... And expand its boundaries again to include all of Rome.

Comment

Re: Mugabe at Papal funeral

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    What the hell? Who invited this monster?

He's under an EU travel ban--does this mean they can arrest him for being there? God, I hope so.

His presence is a slap in the face to JP2.
                    The Pope would have forgiven him any sins and tried to help him mend his ways, like any good Christian would. After all this was the Pope who befriended the guy who shot him.

Love and forgiveness, that's what Christianity is about.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

You should forgive people who have harmed you personally, not necessarily those who have harmed others as freely.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
                        What if Vatican City were an EU member? Maybe it should be the capital... And expand its boundaries again to include all of Rome.

Aside from pissing off non-Christians, what would moving the EU capital to the Vatican accomplish? What's wrong with Brussels?
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Oh, nothing else. Really it should be moved to Copenhagen or maybe Vejle.

Comment

Copenhagen??Why Copenhagen???

EDIT: 8 or 9 posts to go from Mugabe and the Pope to relocating the EU capital, nice work!!
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Just because I'm part Danish. I guess Sweden's in the EU too? Visby would be good. But If Norway were in the union, Stavanger would be the ultimate capital.

Comment

Working...
                              X