The equal strengths of Star Wars and Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lonestar
    As I have neither the time, nor the bandwith to stumble through this mockery of Science Fiction, I shall just say this:

ST: The good guys are a bunch of communist retards who couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag.

SW: Free-market, galactic wide civilizations with FTL much faster than warp, and a halfway competant military on both sides.

SW wins.
    SW is in the past and their civilizations are all extinct.

Star Trek is the futre.

Star trek wins.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
      As I have neither the time, nor the bandwith to stumble through this mockery of Science Fiction, I shall just say this:

ST: The good guys are a bunch of communist retards who couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag.

SW: Free-market, galactic wide civilizations with FTL much faster than warp, and a halfway competant military on both sides.

SW wins.
      Kirk an fight his way out of anything. Have you seen the 2 handed punch?

The millenium Falcon can only go light speed. That is Warp 1. I'd say ST wins this one.

Halfway competant military? The stormtroopers couldn't hit the side of a barn. Teddy bears eliminated the supposedly most fearsome military in the galaxy.

Comment

• How many crushers launched and wasted in this thread alone?
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd

In D&D, a wizard's spell is made by direct manipulation of the magic weave (which, as I understand it, is sort of the 'glue' that holds the multiverse together, and runs through every plane of existance). The weave is also largley dependant on Mystra, who directs it into a predictable and controlable element, where her guidance over the weave is absent, magic is chaotic and wild.

Priest's spells, on the other hand, are essentially acts of god - the priest asks the god for something, and the god does the magic. Gods are basically super-wizards.
          Cool!

Thanks.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

Kirk an fight his way out of anything. Have you seen the 2 handed punch?

The millenium Falcon can only go light speed. That is Warp 1. I'd say ST wins this one.

Halfway competant military? The stormtroopers couldn't hit the side of a barn. Teddy bears eliminated the supposedly most fearsome military in the galaxy.
            I've been saying this for eons, but it always triggers hissy fits from the "Jar-Jar for President" fan club.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Yeah, the militaries in SW seen rather pathtically incompetent all around. Hard to be fearful of any empire that makes their doom weapons with obvious major weakenesses that a single guy in a tiny little plane can just blow them up.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• How many crushers launched and wasted in this thread alone?

The Crushers are useless against a geek-field of this magnitude. We are all doomed...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• So says the Dune fiend.....

Comment

• Yeah, I've read Dune twice. I sure am a super-geek...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Do we need to bring out the SW threads were you were arguing about how the Dune universe beat the others? You you really think you can hide from your Geek past? We have evidence!

Comment

• Do we need to bring out the SW threads were you were arguing about how the Dune universe beat the others?

That was back before we had intense discussions about the nature of science fiction and magic to derail these stupid threads. I had to do my part, even if I am woefully unequipped for the job...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Besides, unlike SW/ST, Dune (at least the books towards the beginning) are awesome.
                          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
                            It can be measured, predicted, and studied, but is still mysterious and otherwordly, because it is largely dependant on other planes of existance. (and what is more otherwordly than that?)
                            D&D is hack that nobody takes as genre defining work. Genre here refers to fantasy, even though it still doesn't fare all that well for a fantasy RPG.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                              Do we need to bring out the SW threads were you were arguing about how the Dune universe beat the others?

That was back before we had intense discussions about the nature of science fiction and magic to derail these stupid threads. I had to do my part, even if I am woefully unequipped for the job...
                              I believe you Drake.

Millions don't.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                It was far worse, IMO, to steal the candles from the bishop than to hide the penny, in effect stealing it.
                                Then you have utterly no comprehension of the message Hugo was conveying. The hiding of the penny was indeed the worse of the two sins. Robbing Petite Gervais of his coin was precisely the breaking point for Valjean. When he realized what he had done to the little boy, he breaks into tears and is inconsolable with grief over what he has done. He has no such overt remorse for stealing the Bishop's silver.

The Bishop had more silver, Petite Gervais had nothing else. How could you possibly think robbing the boy is the lesser of the sins?
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X