This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    They need a striker as well. They didn't score nearly enough this year.
    They won't buy a striker, the lack of goals is down to the formation he's played (4-5-1) and the fact that RVN was injured. To me, at home they should play Rooney in thre hole and two out and out strikers. Liverpool made the same mistake a few years ago with Jari Litmanen and it cost them the title IMO. At home we should have played Jari, Owen and Heskey instead of two out of the three.

Comment

• How long was cheat van cheatlerooy out for this season? Was a while anyway.

The rest of the side is either aging, inconsistant or steaming turds. Ill believe Ferdinand is still England class when I see it.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• If it was JUST Van Nistlerooy, then ManU doesn't have much to worry about, even with the GK problem. They were 2nd in the Premiership in goals allowed (with 25). They needed help in goals scored. Perhaps it was the formation, but the defending seems to be top notch (though still 10 more than Chelsea gave up).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• As Maq says the side is ageing in a lot of areas and quality replacements are not being brought in. The GK question is a tricky one, goals allowed isn't always a sign that the goalie as crap, just as often it means the defence/midfield is poor as well.

If I was Fergie I'd sign Cudicni (sp) and a holding midfield player first and then loof at the full back positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            They need a striker as well. They didn't score nearly enough this year.
            They don't need a striker. They got a whole bunch, including Rooney.

Their problem is they lack a solid mid-field line, that's how they can't beat the weaker teams that have strong tackling and interception.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Saha and Smith aren't really used often enough (though with Saha, part of it is that he gets injured every other game)... like SAF doesn't trust them. RVN was injured, but he's getting older all the time. And like reds said, Rooney would be better as a withdrawn Forward who makes attacking runs.
              Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; May 10, 2005, 23:15.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Ouch...

Arsenal 7
                Everton 0

Comment

• lolz Arsenal performing when the pressures off as usual glad I chose a few Arsenal players this week though.

Thread has just reached maximum occupancy.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                  X