X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Soccer Thread II

Continued from:

I guess we are just in the middle of discussing Juve v Pool. Good thing too, because they are in the middle of the game. Halftime with Liverpool up 2-0.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Cannavaro scores for Juve!

2-1 'Pool.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

VARITEK HOMERS OFF OF MARIANO RIVER, TO TIE THE GAME AT 3!!!!!!!
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Wrong thread.

Comment

Definitely Juventus' half now but the ref is being far more picky too.

Terry Venables (old England manager) sat in the studio keeps calling Del Piero just "Piero"
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yep, Juve are playing very good this half. Even if this score stands, Juve will only be down 1, heading into their home part of the tie, with 1 away goal.

Comment

s'over... Liverpool wins 2-1 on their home leg.

Comment

Great game!!

And yes, Del Piero was cheated from a goal.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Did you change your name again? For what reason this time?

Comment

That was golden near the end, Zambrotta accusing Liverpool players of diving.

Id rather be in Liverpool's position if the second half is as good as Juventus can play. Nedved looked old and Del Piero was mostly quiet, the rest were on and off but nothing special.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Did you change your name again? For what reason this time?

Anyone calls me Az anyway.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I guess now when I want to taunt you, I can call you Azz

Comment

good game, liverpool looked a bit knackered second half, should be an interesting return leg
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

1-1 Lyon - PSV, good going for PSV

Comment

Hey cool! Liverpool-Juventus made it on the US Sportscenter. Well, it made it because of the rememberance of Heysel, but European soccer was still on American SportsCenter! They even showed the amazing Luis Garcia goal. Though they didn't mention there is a second round to tie, and made it seem like Liverpool won the Quarterfinals and was moving on. Alas, can't have it perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X