Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Government disbanded! Parliament dissolved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm alright. I vote in a Tory safe seat which has zero chance of a non-Tory winning (thanks a ton Suffolk Coastal) so I can afford to vote Lib Dem.

Its you people in the contested seats that have to make the hard moral choices.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

• I know.

I can't vote for Martin Salter though. He's a cnut.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
        Danger is... if too many people vote Lib Dem the evil Tories might get in.

Bad as Blair might be, they are worse.

......Or maybe the orange/yellow menace might win it! coooo....imagine that, historic for sure, maybe whisky would get a tax break
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Think about me. 2nd Safest Lib-Dem seat in the country! They don't even care about my vote here, they've got this seat in the bag
          Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

That's ****ing impossible. They're polling lower than Labor and the way that first past the post hurts them they'll need a good bit more votes than Labour in order to get more seats than Labour. So that'll be very very hard. But even if they get more seats then Labour, a Tory majority is inconcievable since in Wales, Scottland and a number of places in English they don't even have a chance...
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

But I have such fond memories of mass unemployment, urban riots, a tide of sleaze and boom-bust economics.

Don't you get all warm thinking of Leon Brittan, Brixton and Toxteth, Westland, Nigel Lawson and Norman Tebbit ?
              Before Labour were elected in 1997, did you have warm, fuzzy and nostalgic feelings about the winter of discontent, mass unemployment, the rubbish piling up in the street and the dead not being buried?
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

My MP (a Tory) has a majority of less than 300. The seat is number two on the Lib Dem's most wanted list, after Taunton.

Liberal Democrat, Liberal Democrat election result, Liberal Democrat result, Liberal Democrat party, BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, MP, british

Comment

I can't vote for Martin Salter though. He's a cnut.

If, for one, welcome England's new Viking overlords. As a renowned online personality, I could be useful in get others to slave in their tight subterranean halls.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, MP, british, parliment, find your mp, Newcastle-under-Lyme

That would be the constituency tht I would be voting in, if it weren't for the fact that my 17th birthday is the Friday before the election...My vote would not count anyway...

Nonetheless, traditional Potteries Labour support seems strongly embedded here, with the majority not falling below 2,500 even at Labour's nadir in the 1983 general election.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• So in short, no matter how unpopular the war in Iraq allegedly is amongst the British people nothing is going to get done about it because just like here in the USA no one really cares that much, right?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Well no. Of all the people i've spoken to about this, not just friends/family, but people like my dentist and those i meet through work; then i dont think it will be the case.

I'm not voting for Tony Blair(and i have done before) exactly because of Iraq, and the other people i've spoken to say the same.
                        Somehow i just don't find him trustworthy enough. That smile of his is just too easy to see through now imho, its the smile of a deceiver

So the consensus i've got is that many ex-labour supporters are going for the liberals this time. We're mostly what i guess you could call the well to do middle-class?

Anyway i dont believe all this pollstering stuff too much, we'll have to wait for the day and see how it goes. Even a much reduced majority in parliment would be a good result in one respect.
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

My MP (a Tory) has a majority of less than 300. The seat is number two on the Lib Dem's most wanted list, after Taunton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/vote2...dlosses_ld.stm
                          Well this seat looks like once upon a time it used to be safe Tory territory but now is a safe Labour seat...intriguing...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

Before Labour were elected in 1997, did you have warm, fuzzy and nostalgic feelings about the winter of discontent, mass unemployment, the rubbish piling up in the street and the dead not being buried?

Or power cuts during Edward Heath's government ?

Or Tory defence cuts that led to a needless war in the South Atlantic so that men could die to save Thatcher's face ?

And Thatcher so beat Labour on the number of unemployed. Please.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• the German tories (CDU) even lost this bourgeois-reactionary-rich people seat of Steglitz to the social democrats in 2002

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

Or power cuts during Edward Heath's government ?

Or Tory defence cuts that led to a needless war in the South Atlantic so that men could die to save Thatcher's face ?

And Thatcher so beat Labour on the number of unemployed. Please.
                                If you are to judge the Tories on their actions 20 years ago why can't we judge Labour on their actions that were 20 years ago too?

Comment

Working...
                                X