Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Government disbanded! Parliament dissolved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BBC has their wonderful swing-o-meter or something like that that shows how far the polls have to swing to change to composition of Parliament. A 10% swing is needed in favour of the Tory's to bring them the slightest majority. The poor Lib Dems need large chunks of England to cease to exist to get anywhere useful.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild

The poor Lib Dems need large chunks of England to cease to exist to get anywhere useful.

I propose Billericay and Milton Keynes for shipping to another dimension.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

That really doesn't sound like a particularly natural alliance...
        probably not, the coalition (tories/lib dems/independents) works in swansea because it is motivated almost entirely by a desire to keep labour and the welsh nationalists out of power. personally i can't think of a more laudable aim.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Aaaaw, Let the Plaid Cymru in. Who have they ever hurt?

I've got a soft spot of seperatist movements.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Like UKIP?
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

I've got a soft spot of seperatist movements.

Like the F.L.Q. ?

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

I propose Billericay and Milton Keynes for shipping to another dimension.
                We should be able to outsource them to EDS like everything else

Comment

Yeah. I think they're all a bunch on insane a-holes but they're cute in their own twisted way.

Besides, UKIP is just an English seperatist movement. English people wanting to join in the fun the Welsh and Scots are having yet so thoroughly dominate this island they can't play here so they turn against Big Scary Brussels.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Yeah. I think they're all a bunch on insane a-holes but they're cute in their own twisted way.

Unless they 'accidentally' kill you, or burn down your house, of course.

Not that anyone in Plaid Cymru would ever be associated with anyone in Meibion Glyndwr who might have done such a terrible thing, or course...

Comment

• I've been accidently killed many a time. Only the first time is really unpleasant.
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by Starchild
                        I've been accidently killed many a time. Only the first time is really unpleasant.

Ah, falling under Ann Widdecombe in a bouncy castle.

Tout compris, baby.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• lots of people seem keen to knock Blairs new labour, but at the same time many are just resigned to then winning again, or will say that they are going to vote labour again? I don't understand that attitude at all?
                          Whats wrong with people - we have the power to vote for whom we want(or as this election may turn out, whom we wouldn't want to win ).

hmmm....i wonder if Ted Striker would want to hit it with Ann
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by child of Thor

hmmm....i wonder if Ted Striker would want to hit it with Ann

He certainly wouldn't want to be hit by her- definitely not at speed.

Love that slinky lounge seductress top she's wearing, over what appears to be some of the Mendip Hills.

Comment

• Danger is... if too many people vote Lib Dem the evil Tories might get in.

Bad as Blair might be, they are worse.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
                                Danger is... if too many people vote Lib Dem the evil Tories might get in.

Bad as Blair might be, they are worse.

But I have such fond memories of mass unemployment, urban riots, a tide of sleaze and boom-bust economics.

Don't you get all warm thinking of Leon Brittan, Brixton and Toxteth, Westland, Nigel Lawson and Norman Tebbit ?

Comment

Working...
                                X