No announcement yet.

MLB: Opening Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. ERA is calculated by ER and IP, so in asleep example it would be 2 + 3 ER / 7 + 0 IP = 6.43 ERA.

I meant MLB.TVs quality, I wonder if it's good enough to export to my TV. A friend of mine has XM had the quality is easily good enough.
    Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Oh and does anyone like the manager for their own team. I decided to give Dusty Baker a blank slate to start the season. Yesterday however he decides to PH Neifi Perez (our defensive replacement) so I'm right back to hating him. He still had DuBois and Hairston on the bench and the Cubs lose 5 to 4.

Comment

I didn't mind Willie Randolph. He couldn't help Looper's meltdown.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ya don't have time to hate him yet It's his first job so who knows how good he'll be.

Comment

While I originally liked Dusty... watching the madmen run the asylum last year while he sat back and did nothing but support the madmen... I'm no longer a fan of his
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Dodgers suck this year. But is it really De Podesta's fault? The fault really belongs to their new owner who has no money.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                derek ****ing jeter. grrrrrrrrr
                HA HA HA

The season might just have began, but maybe you can start planning for the 2090 world series, when the Red Sox's might win it again
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                  Siddiqui, when I wake up tomorrow I want that Susan Sarandon quote back in your sig

Starting a baseball thread without it
                  Second.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

As for the manager issue, I was very suspicious when Alan Trammell was first hired.

Sure, one of the all-time Tiger greats, but that doesn't necessarily cross over to managerial skills, no matter how savvy and smart a player he was.

But after the improvement of last year, he has won me over. If the Tigers finish above .500 (and I think they have a decent chance of winning at least 86 games), look for him to be in the running for Manager of the Year.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The Red Sox are Mariano Rivera's Daddy! 5 runs in the 9th Inning to take the game. OUCH!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Woot! I'll be going to the Braves-Mets game this Sunday. It should be Pedro vs. Smoltz on that day.

I'll be field level just past the ballboy on the 3rd base side (visitors seats). It's funny, I paid like $32 for each ticket (well more like $40 with all the freaking Ticketmaster fees). I'm seeing worse seats being sold on 3rd party sites for like $65 each! I wonder who in the world is buying that crap from those sites?

Comment

Is there any hope that Atlanta will "finally" be dethroned? There run at NL East championships is amazing, but also, annoying.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Every year the experts keep trying to find somebody to pick in that division... and when the season is over, Atlanta keeps winning. It's hard to pick against them.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If Beckett and Burnett can stay healthy, Florida can definetly do it. If the Mets can find another bullpen arm, they can definetly do it.

The Braves have to lose the division at some time (it can't go on forever), and they look the weakest now than they have since 1991.

Comment

The Marlins! It is amazing, is it not, that they have won two world series in the last several years even while the Braves continue to capture the division title. Goes to show you that the tools needed to win in the playoffs may be different from those one needs to win a division.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X