• Show
Clear All

I don't care how they score them... as long as they keep on doing it

GO CUBS!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      The lower deck at RFK is almost sold out to season ticket-holders. I doubt that kind of support was given by the Canucks.
      It was in the 80s . So far the moved team count is still Washington 2, Montreal 1 .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well they are continuing to do it so far. Cubs looking awesome. 7 runs without the benefit of a HR. Where was this kind of hitting hwen we needed it last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

It was in the 80s . So far the moved team count is still Washington 2, Montreal 1 .
          Washington has grown at least 5x in the meantime, now broadcasts all of its games, and has the metro system readily accessible to fans, etc. I'm not worried.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I guess we'll see what happens when they suck it up for a season or two .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Yes, we will, as they're going to suck for a couple of seasons right off the bat.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Cubs 9!
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Detroit 11
                  Kansas City 2

Boo ****ing ya.

Who drafted Dmitri Young in our league?
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

20 hits for the Cubs so far... leading 15 - 5 and the Sox won. A good day for baseball in Chicago.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                      Who drafted Dmitri Young in our league?
                      $10 says they didn't start him if he was drafted . Not like he'll ever have this type of performance again.

Comment

Hell of an opening day. Loved how Dunn welcomed Pedro to the NL, then topped it off by going yard on Looper.

Buerhle was awesome, Sheets looks like he'll repeat his performance from last year, Colorado beating San Diego was the most exciting game of the day, even if they did it against one of my fantasy closers. And of course the Cubs kicked ass, I don't think it's an abberation they've been doing that all spring training. Of course they've been up against so-so pitching.

Very satisifying day.
                        Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Mets bullpen was HORRIBLE. They wasted a great performance by Pedro (12 Strikeouts in 6 innings) after the 1st inning.

Comment

Looper killed my fantasy for the week

infinite era and infinite whip. wtg!

Comment

Go Sox! (White)
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

another forgettable performance by a sox starter.
                                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                                X