No announcement yet.

Battle Royale sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought it was amusing. no high work of art, but worth the download.
    B♭3

Comment

Battle Royale is a great movie. I've seen it several times now, and it's still uberkewl.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Maybe you're just not getting into the foreigner "I hate my students and wish they were all dead" spirit?

No, I was definitely psyched to see some students get slaughtered, having taught them for so long. Doesn't mean I can just ignore such a ****ty plot, though.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

the plot could be seen as irrelevent though
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

If you view the plot as irrelevant, then I don't really care about your opinions on movies.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

so youre telling me the plot of so many action movies really makes the movie more enjoyable? for movies like this if youre watching the movie for plot then your an imbicile.
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I'm not watching them for the plot, but a completely ****ty plot can ruin the movie despite its relative lack of importance.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

it depends on how much youre willing to let it slide. and if you didnt like it, thats up to you

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    If you view the plot as irrelevant, then I don't really care about your opinions on movies.
                    You mean you can't think of a single enjoyable movie that had a ****ty plot?
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

It depends on what you like. I'm personally a big fan of dark gallows humor, so I found the movie to be fairly entertaining. Especially Yuuko Miyamura. Who doesn't like her performance?
                      I can certainly understand why others wouldn't like the movie, though.

Not a patch on stuff like the Fafhrd and Grey Mouser series, of course. I should proably read the Battle Royale book one of these days to see how it compares.

Wraith
                      Death is but a doorway - Here, let me hold that for you
                      Last edited by Wraith; April 1, 2005, 23:56.

Comment

I've enjoyed many movies with ****ty unrealistic plots. Movies like Commando, Mad Max, Road Warrior.

I'm not sure what the difference is. But one thing I can think of is the presence of a strong male lead instead of an ensemble of wimpy kids. The movies I mentioned had strong leading men- Arnold Swarchenegger and Mel Gibson. Strong male leads are important for kid action movies as well. Take Red Dawn for example (I know the plot is retarded and unrealistic, but I liked the movie), that was an ensemble cast of kids, but it still had a strong male lead- Patrick Swayze. And it had Jennifer Grey as the female lead, she was pretty good. That was a movie about kids kicking lots of ass as well- just not each other's ass.

Comment

I can think of plenty of enjoyable movies that had ****ty plots. That being said, they all sucked. A movie can suck and still be enjoyable. For example, I enjoyed the greater part of Battle Royale despite the movie as a whole sucking.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Take Red Dawn for example (I know the plot is retarded and unrealistic, but I liked the movie), that was an ensemble cast of kids, but it still had a strong male lead- Patrick Swayze. And it had Jennifer Grey as the female lead, she was pretty good. That was a movie about kids kicking lots of ass as well- just not each other's ass.

Don't forget about Powers Booth, dude...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

I can think of plenty of enjoyable movies that had ****ty plots. That being said, they all sucked. A movie can suck and still be enjoyable. For example, I enjoyed the greater part of Battle Royale despite the movie as a whole sucking.
                              If you enjoyed the greater part of the movie then why the hell do you think it sucked? If you enjoy a movie then you like it, right?

I don't think that Battle Royale is great artistic cinema or anything but its a fun movie to watch. Now if you want a bad movie try this:

Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I DL'd it ages ago and still haven't watched it.
                                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                                X