Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. I can almost see the Holy Spirit working its way into his heart.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• POPIN' AIN'T EASY!!!
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't know what you heard about me
        But a ***** can't get a dollar out of me
        No Cadillac, no perms, you can't see
        That I'm a mother****ing P-O-P-E.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            I agree. I can almost see the Holy Spirit working its way into his heart.
            What a journey that would be
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Hopefully the Holy Spirit doesn't have to enter from the backside like all the others that made their way into his heart.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• 1. I'm not catholic, I'm a protestant
                2. I think there are no problems with any form of anti-conceptoin. Sex has not been made by God just for creatin babies. It has been made to enjoy, to improve your relation.
                3. There is no biblical reason to believe that priests or popes or whomever should not marry.
                4. There is no biblical reason to believe that Peter was the first pope nor that after he died a new pope should be established. Jesus said that he would found his chuch on Peter. He didn't say that Peter would be the leader of that church.

After having said that, I do understand the position of the pope and the catholic church on the subject of anti-conception and aids.
                Currently there are two ways to fight AIDS:

1. You can have sex with everyone you want as long as you use a rubber / condom
                2. Only have sex within mariage with your lawfull partner. Using a condom would make it easier to have sex with someone else who's not your (permanent) partner.

BOTH ways would work if they would be perfectly executed for say 99%.

We know that people cheat, and that (2) is not completely perfect for that reason.
                We know that people fail to use condoms all the time as well, for that reason (1) is not completely perfect for that reason as well.

Thus, if you either choose to use (1) or (2) depends on your view on sex. If you think sex should only happen within mariage, you should choise for option (2).
                If you think sex can happen wherever whenever with whomever (1) is apparantly your choise to live with.

Take Uganda, years Uganda was the country with the heighest population of AIDS-victims. Since the catholic church is growing strong in this country the number of AIDS-victims is going down very quickly.
                The doctrine of the catholic church is actually working!

And ANYONE who's a devote catholic and is committing adultery should be completely insane by thinking: "I should not use a condom since the pope does not want me to"
                Someone who's already breaking the doctrine of the pope and the church big time by having sex outside mariage will most likely not bother to break the condom rule as well.

Having said that, I don't see any problems with using condoms. Though, if one wants to control birth I'd suggest rather to use the pill or any better form of anticonception though.

I fullhearthy agree with the catholic church though that sex outside mariage is the reason that AIDS spreads that fast in Africa. Not the doctrine of the church.

Having stand next to my fellow catholics on this debate, I want to ask them, give me some good biblical reasons for:
                1. the "Priests shall not marry" doctrine
                2. the "pope" is the leader of the church doctrine.

The leader of the church is Jesus Christ, and on earth the Holy Spirit leads us. There's no need for a pope.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  oh great - lets restart the religious wars of the 16th century
                  I remember similar disputes with you not too many years ago.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    oh great - lets restart the religious wars of the 16th century
                    I'm game- let's sack Munster, with or without Holy Thongs !

Bring back the Schmalkaldic League !
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

I'm game- let's sack Munster, with or without Holy Thongs !
                      The cages are still hanging there at the dome of Münster.

We just need some new Anabaptists to fill them
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST

The cages are still hanging there at the dome of Münster.

We just need some new Anabaptists to fill them
                        We have plenty of Babtists here in the US. Want them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin

We have plenty of Babtists here in the US. Want them?
                          If the people who condemned Spongebob for being gay propaganda are among them,
                          just send them to us,
                          I think there will be enough volunteers to put them into the cages

Of course some creationists would also be nice
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• H., The Church justifies its position by claiming that Christ gave them the power. Luther said that if he were wrong, prove it through the scriptures. Instead, the Church simply ex communicated him.

Now this is an enormous simplification of what happened, but its outline is essentially correct. The Church by its actions showed that it had not sound basis for its position. It's use of raw power lead to the protestant reformation. The Church was wrong.

Cybershy, I had not thought of the condom controversy in the context of AIDS and the spread of Catholicism in Africa. No one in the US observes the Church's teaching on birth control. However, the Africans, newly converted, just may.

If this is true, the Catholic Church is not doing Africa any good to the extent that people avoid using condoms while having extra-marital sex. Both are sins, presumably. It is amazing, then, that the Church has such a ludicrous position on condoms.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Did not Jesus give Peter the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, and then Peter went an established the archbishopric of Rome, passing those keys down to his successors? I believe it is in Matthew 16.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• "Perhaps the worst of these monsters was Bernard Law. Law reassigned Father John Geoghan from parish to parish even though Geoghan had been accused of child abuse. Law received one of the highest honors of the church, giving one of just nine eulogies for the Pope. Law is a disgrace to the Church. He ought to be cleaning bedpans for the poor in Haiti, not being honored in Rome."
                                --Paul Begala, Crossfire

Comment

Working...
                                X