Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Pope has pretty much been an enemy of humanity since his early days in Poland. I don't wish death on anyone, but I won't shed a tear when a bad person dies.
    You make it sound like Hitler or Stalin died...
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      yeah, like Che said, it's all about who is dying...

respect is earned... and should only be given to those who deserve it
      I guess all of you kick the guy who has done wrong when hes down to. The key word is forgivness. I am not a bible thumper though it sounds like it now. but all people deserve respect when they are dying
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Robertson = vegitable
        Pope = bad
        Terri = good?
        This? From the person that said this?

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Terri isn't anyone's family. She's a sack of meat. That's like saying a steak had a family.
        *Sigh*

Edit: Pat Robertson Jerry Falwell = Human filth
        Pope John Paul II = Generally good, though with some obvious flaws
        Terri Schiavo = Vegetable for some 15 years
        Last edited by DRoseDARs; March 31, 2005, 21:52.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Why Robertson? It's Falwell who was at death's door.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It's kind of striking though that it's always the leftist lot dancing on other people's graves and death beds. The ones who always like to emphasize how much they care about the well-being of others - as opposed to us heartless right wing bastards.

Ok, on topic, if the Pope's time is up, I just hope for a quick ending for him. And also to minimize the agony and emotional stress for those who are devoted to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

I guess all of you kick the guy who has done wrong when hes down to. The key word is forgivness. I am not a bible thumper though it sounds like it now. but all people deserve respect when they are dying
              it's not about "kicking" a guy when he's down... it's about a free discussion about one's life and one's actions. Death just brings this stuff to the forefront. Like I said, I hope he doesn't suffer.

and I disagree with you about respect...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's kind of striking though that it's always the leftist lot dancing on other people's graves and death beds. The ones who always like to emphasize how much they care about the well-being of others - as opposed to us heartless right wing bastards.

As opposed to the right, who get teary and sentimental when a despicable criminal like Reagan snuffs it.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Well, I for my part think, it´s sad to see him die.
                  And this although I disagree with him in many things (especially contraceptives) and although I am in the fortunate position, not to be a catholic.
                  Why?
                  Well, I think because he is a symbol for many people in the world (and his voyages meant something to the people within the countries he visited) and because he is the pope who reigned in the Vatican during most of my lifetime (well, I can´t remember John Paul I and his precedessor at all, was too young to have any special interest in these things at this time [although after reading about him, I wished that John Paul I had reigned for the same timespan as Carol Woytila and not just a month] ).
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I stand corrected. You merely said he is unfit for heaven. Either way, you judged the worth of a man you never met. That's understandable for Falwell, who's done incredible damage in his life. But the Pope has always acted with the best of intentions as far as I can tell. He opposes birth control, but he's been a heckuva lot more progressive than Popes used to be. Didn't he actually offer provisional church approval for the theory of evolution or something?

Leave judgment for God, whether you think He exists or not. It's hypocritical for you to do anything else.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

That's the version I chose to go with.

EDIT: Um, no...I misread. My version:

Terri good
                      Falwell Bad
                      Pope vegetable
                      I don't mean to be rude, but you are aware that Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell are not the same person, right?

Oh, and Jerry pulled through. The vatican should have flown John Paul to Lynchburg General Hospital, then he might have had a chance.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

what has the pope done that is so bad?

he's done many ignorant things (condoms, birth control etc), but I can't think of any evil things.

Comment

So what's next? Who will be the next Pope? Will he be progressive, or a Vatican conservative? Personallly I'd like to see them elect a South American.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

sava you have that right to disagree. The act of forgivness gives you the ability to respect, even if those have done bad to you
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                              I stand corrected. You merely said he is unfit for heaven. Either way, you judged the worth of a man you never met. That's understandable for Falwell, who's done incredible damage in his life. But the Pope has always acted with the best of intentions as far as I can tell. He opposes birth control, but he's been a heckuva lot more progressive than Popes used to be. Didn't he actually offer provisional church approval for the theory of evolution or something?

Leave judgment for God, whether you think He exists or not. It's hypocritical for you to do anything else.
                              How is it hypocritical? I don't recall ever saying it's wrong to judge people... in fact I'm very much a believer in judging people.

The final judgement is for God, or maybe God is like the president and only signs off on it after the residents of heaven vote on it... who knows? one thing for sure, nobody on earth knows what happens when we die and anybody who says they do is full of ****... that includes the authors of religious scripture.

Anyways, I'm just giving my opinion on the matter.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Be that as it may, don't you think people are just a little too complex to be casually assigned a fate by strangers? How is saying he should be spurned by God for being the head of a religion he genuinely believed in any different from fundies condemning Darwin to Hell? You don't know what he was thinking or feeling when he did the things you know him for. And if he doesn't know God, chances are pretty good you don't either.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X