This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
    Maybe if we're really lucky, Pat Robertson will die today too. That'll balance things out: A good person dying, a bad person dying, and a vegetable finally finding the peace we've sanctimoniously denied it.
    Robertson = vegitable
    Pope = bad
    Terri = good?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      Kick him out of the church before he does more damage!!!
      If that's the case, may his tenure in the One True Church be long and fruitful.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Robertson = vegitable
        Pope = bad
        Terri = good?
        That's the version I chose to go with.

EDIT: Um, no...I misread. My version:

Terri good
        Falwell Bad
        Pope vegetable
        Last edited by Boris Godunov; March 31, 2005, 18:40.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I don't really care about the pope. I disagree with him on a lot of issues, but he's one of the good intentioned ignorant people, not the evil kind. I hope he doesn't suffer.

But if there is a God, this pope won't be entering heaven... His entire existence as an official of the church has been blasphemous. Any person claiming to be spreading the "word of God" is blasphemous, but considering the pope's position, his level of blasphemy is enormous. For that, he won't go to heaven. Or at least, he doesn't deserve to. He shouldn't go to hell... but somewhere in the middle. Hopefully he'll get to meet God and God can explain why all human religions are false and blasphemous.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I cant beleive this. i would have thought you guys had more respect for the dead and dying then this.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Welcome to the Internet
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I cant beleive this. i would have thought you guys had more respect for the dead and dying then this.

You should have been here for the Reagan death thread.

I can't wait for the Thatcher one. Woot!
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

It depends on who's dying and who's dead.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Most of this thread so far has been quite a sickening read, considering an old man is dying.

Not that it's much of a surprise, but I sense a lot of repressed anger out there. Very sad.

Comment

some how this is a lot off balance the dying and dead desreve some sort of respect even if you dont like or agree with them
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                        yeah, like Che said, it's all about who is dying...

respect is earned... and should only be given to those who deserve it
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Winnie, You just like him cuz he's an arch conservative. This Pope has pretty much been an enemy of humanity since his early days in Poland. I don't wish death on anyone, but I won't shed a tear when a bad person dies.

Comment

But if there is a God, this pope won't be entering heaven... His entire existence as an official of the church has been blasphemous. Any person claiming to be spreading the "word of God" is blasphemous, but considering the pope's position, his level of blasphemy is enormous. For that, he won't go to heaven. Or at least, he doesn't deserve to. He shouldn't go to hell... but somewhere in the middle. Hopefully he'll get to meet God and God can explain why all human religions are false and blasphemous.
                            wtf are you talking about? Granted, he was far from perfect. But at least, he was a much better pope than the other ****** Lazarus mentionned in an earlier thread...
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

JPII has been ailing for a while. It's not happy by any means, but it's not shocking.

But there is something wrong with Sava criticizing religions for doing stuff like damning unbelieving people to Hell, and then saying somebody he doesn't know ought to go to Hell.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                                JPII has been ailing for a while. It's not happy by any means, but it's not shocking.

But there is something wrong with Sava criticizing religions for doing stuff like damning unbelieving people to Hell, and then saying somebody he doesn't know ought to go to Hell.
                                I said the pope SHOULDN'T go to hell
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X