Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times have you changed your screen name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, sorry. I was thinking of putting on my own socks, stuff like that.

Comment

You can put your own socks on???!!!
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

But I did have a point in that back in the day, it usually took some persuading to get an admin to perform the handle change. Or merge post counts for different handles. Near instant gratification, handle-wise like we know it today was unheard of.

Comment

Geezers and their stories of old, obsolete days...
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I had one to register at the Greek civ site but I have no idea what it was.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Oh, if I can remember some of what Diss mentions, I have been here for long enough, not compared to the real oldtimers, but still .

Haven't changed my handle, here on anywhere else. Always posted on the net under this name (I think I made my first posts in 1999), and still haven't used any other name, and don't plan to.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Boshko -> Dave Boshko -> Zhu Yuanzhang -> Boshko

I'll probably have to change it again soon if I get one of those respectable job thingies.
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I've always been "JohnT", always will be. I try to be "JohnT" or some variant wherever I register.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    But I did have a point in that back in the day, it usually took some persuading to get an admin to perform the handle change. Or merge post counts for different handles. Near instant gratification, handle-wise like we know it today was unheard of.
                    We've gone full circle... it still takes some persuading somebody to perform a handle change, or any other account changes... However, in most cases, a request will eventually be taken care of... as long as it's reasonable, and we don't hate your guts
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

skywalker -> Kucinich -> Kuciwalker

I'm now Kuciwalker everywhere.

Comment

I've had the same name since I registered, though if 'Poly is still around by the time I get my Ph.D. I might have to rename myself Dr. Odin.

Comment

What's it with doctors and their titles anyway? Is it some kind of fetisch or something?
                          That title is basically the reason you all want that diploma, right.
                          F*ck all the other stuff that comes with it, just give me that title!!!
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                            What's it with doctors and their titles anyway? Is it some kind of fetisch or something?
                            That title is basically the reason you all want that diploma, right.
                            F*ck all the other stuff that comes with it, just give me that title!!!
                            Hmmmmm... Maybe because in most cases you need to have a Ph.D. to be a university proffesor?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              skywalker -> Kucinich -> Kuciwalker

I'm now Kuciwalker everywhere.
                              Oh! So your skywalker! I see.

I used to be Spectator, which is now Spec. Not a big change but since everyone is always calling me Spec. why not change it permanently...Been thinking of changing it back to Spectator thought....Or something that starts with "Spec"

Hmmmm.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: How many times have you changed your screen name?

Originally posted by Dissident

doesn't sound like mine. I'm not witty enough for such names . Mine are more direct- such as Ass Clown.
                                You were Ass Clown! That's a great name
                                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                                X