Another Apolyton Recipe Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Apolyton Recipe Thread

We were out of cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup last week, and we put them on the list. These ingredients aren't something you buy every now and then, when you are out, you stock up on them when they are on sale. Well, Safeway had them on sale the other day so I bought 10 of each for like $5 bucks or something. Unfortunately, so did wifey, and it ain't like we should bother taking them back as they never go bad. However, we don't have a lot of room for cans of soup (we ain't mormon, huh Tass?).

Thus, while I want brats for dinner I feel I need to use some of these soups. I am making green bean casserole which uses cream of mushroom, and I will be making this:

· 1 3/4 c cubed cooked chicken
    · 1 1/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
    · 1 8 oz can crescent rolls
    · 1 10 1/2 oz can cream of chicken soup
    · 1/2 c milk

In a small bowl combine chicken and 3/4 c cheese.
    Separate and spread out crescents.
    Place about 2 Tbs chicken mixture in each crescent and roll up sealing all sides.
    In medium saucepan combine soup, milk and cheese. Heat until cheese melts.
    Pour half soup mixture into ungreased 8 inch square dish. (Reserve remaining sauce to pour over after done)
    Arrange crescents over hot soup mixture.
    Bake 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown

for the main course. It's really good and really easy.

For this thread post your quick and simple casseroles or one dish meals... Preferably using cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (though they don't really need to).
    Monkey!!!

This is tubes recipe for shepards pie
    1lb hamburger meat
    1 can mixed veggies
    1 can mushroom or cream chicken soup
    i pkg of instant potatoes
    sliced cheese
    brown hamburger then mix in the veggies, then the soup spread mixture in pan and cover with potatoes after potatoes covered the mix lay sliced cheeese to cover all potatoes stick in oven and bake till cheese is melted
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

bump, you all suck
      Monkey!!!

Comment

French Fry Casserole

Ingredients
        - 1 (20-ounce) bag frozen french fry potatoes thawed
        - 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
        - 2 cups sour cream
        - 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
        - 1 Spam Classic (12-ounce) can cubed
        - 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
        - 1/2 cup chopped green onion
        - 1/2 cup finely crushed corn flakes

Directions
        Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, sour cream, and soup. Stir in spam, bell pepper, and green onion. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with crushed flakes. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Mmm, mmm, spammmy...

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Prepare, cook fajitas; serve outside.

Use cans as target practice while eating good food.

Comment

Parmesan chicken in white wine artichoke cream sauce (made this for Easter dinner with friends):

4 boneless chicken breasts
            1 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
            1 medium chopped onion
            1 pint heavy cream
            1 1/2 cups white wine
            1/2 cup flour plus 2 tbsp. flour
            1 tsp. tarragon
            1/2 tsp. salt and dash pepper
            1 can of quartered artichoke hearts
            6 tbsp. butter
            Parmesan cheese (shredded)

Mix seasoned flour: 1/2 cup flour, tarragon, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in the flour. Brown lightly in butter.

Add the mushrooms, onions and wine. Simmer covered until chicken is done (25-30 minutes). Add artichoke hearts for the last 10 minutes.

Remove chicken from pan, leaving artichokes, onion and mushrooms. Sprinkle parmesan on chicken and let it melt on top.

Add 2 tablespoons flour and heavy cream to pan with the mushrooms etc. in it and stir. Flavor with tarragon according to taste. Cook until sauce thickens. Pour over chicken and serve.

It's not healthy, but it's good.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I have a 5lb bag a frozen scallops which has been sitting in my freezer. Anyone know a good recipe for which uses large quantities of scallops?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Scalloped potatoes?

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Silly Americans for using scallop as a generic descriptor rather than just for shellfish
                  mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Hon
                    Silly Americans for using scallop as a generic descriptor rather than just for shellfish
                    hes talking bout potatoes i think not seafood
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

I know he is But I always get amused when Americans order scallops here in the UK and get something they really didn't expect...
                      mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Scallops are a specific species of bivalved shellfish which have distinctive "scalloped" ends of the shell. Laymen sometimes call them cockle shells but all scalloped means is that it has a flat part to it. This potatos which are cut flat and thin are called scalloped potatos.

BTW you two I'm talking about five pounds of jumbo shellfish called scallops. I bought them at Costco in a five pound bag a few months back since they were on sale dirt cheap and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Silly Brit for not seeing the smiley.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Scallops are a specific species of bivalved shellfish which have distinctive "scalloped" ends of the shell. Laymen sometimes call them cockle shells but all scalloped means is that it has a flat part to it. This potatos which are cut flat and thin are called scalloped potatos.

BTW you two I'm talking about five pounds of jumbo shellfish called scallops. I bought them at Costco in a five pound bag a few months back since they were on sale dirt cheap and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.
                            My bad thought you was refering to potatoes. I dont eat sefood so im oblivious to what the names for all the sea creatures are Turned off to seafood when I was given fried squid didnt know what it was , and it tasted horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              I have a 5lb bag a frozen scallops which has been sitting in my freezer. Anyone know a good recipe for which uses large quantities of scallops?
                              Why use them all at once?

Anyway, try scallops with alfredo over linguini.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X