No announcement yet.

Another Apolyton Recipe Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMMM, scallops with pasta sounds delicious. I suppose 2lbs would make a nice start and I can invite my girlfriend over to share them with me. I save the rest for another day.

Checking the net I found this recipe for Scallops:

Alaskan Scallops in Cream Sauce with Spinach Fettuccine

Ingredients:
    2 lb Alaska Scallops
    8 oz fresh Mushrooms, sliced
    4 oz Butter
    1 quart Cream Sauce
    12 cups Spinach Fettuccine Noodles, cooked al-dente
    Parmesan Cheese, grated
    Parsley, chopped

Cream Sauce:
    1/4 cup Shallots, minced
    1 1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
    1 1/2 oz Butter
    2 oz dry Vermouth
    1 1/3 quarts Heavy Cream
    1/2 oz Lemon Juice
    White Pepper and Salt, to taste

Directions:
    Sauté mushrooms in butter about 1 minute. Add scallops and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes just until flesh is opaque. Add cream sauce; bring to simmer and cook 1 minute. Arrange well-drained noodles on a serving plate and top with creamed scallops. Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley. Makes 8 servings.
    Cream Sauce Directions:
    Sauté shallots and garlic in butter until transparent. De-glaze pan with vermouth. Add cream; bring to simmer and reduce by 1/3 or until slightly thickened. Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Hold warm. Makes 1 quart (8 servings of 4 oz. each).
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Remember to thaw them first, before cooking. Scalppos are fussy, like calimari, and if undercooked are mushy and if overcooked are rubbery. They need to be just right, with a little bit of browning for outter crispness. One of the great things about living in Florida is fresh bay scallops (the big ones).
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

French Fry Casserole

Ingredients
        - 1 (20-ounce) bag frozen french fry potatoes thawed
        - 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
        - 2 cups sour cream
        - 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
        - 1 Spam Classic (12-ounce) can cubed
        - 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
        - 1/2 cup chopped green onion
        - 1/2 cup finely crushed corn flakes
        That don't sound half bad DRose, I'll give it a shot. My sister gave me a recipe for Tater Tot casserole, I threw it away yesterday as I was going through my recipe box (which I hardly ever do). Her dish was pretty much green bean casserole with meat and Tater Tots. Bla!

I didn't get to make the green bean casserole last night as I was out of French Onions, I am going to make it tonight with brats. Yummmmmmmm!!
        Monkey!!!

Comment

The sad thing is I meant that as a joke that no one seems to have caught...
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

There, happy now?
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Sadly, no. Very rough day; read elsewhere.

Comment

I'll try it and let you know how it goes... We'll call the DRose

Bad Days suck
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  Sadly, no. Very rough day; read elsewhere.
                  I don't see a thread on it. Don't you want all of Apolyton to be privvy to your woes?
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Grandmother dying a bazillion miles away in Florida (my mom and aunt are there, though) and other general suckage while I was in town today.

Comment

Key Lime Pie

10 grahm crackers
                      6.5 tablespoons butter, melted
                      1/4 cup sugar

8 egg yolks
                      2 14 oz cans condensed milk
                      1 cup key lime juice* (key limes are the little ones, and are much tarter than the normal sized Persian lime)

preheat oven to 350F

Powder the grahm crackers and mix with the sugar and melted butter until completely saturated. Put the mix in pie dish and press on sides and bottom of dish. Next either bake the crust for five minutes or refridgerate for one hour.

In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks until bright creamy yellow. Add condensed milk and mix thoroughly. Add cup of key lime juice. Mix thoroughly. Pour into pie shell and bake.

This recipe will make two smaller pies if you use the tiny aluminum tins or one large pie if you have a real pie dish. Baking time varies depending on size. 15 mintes for the small, 25 for the large.

Serve with whipped cream.

Now, for genuine key lime pie, you need to use a shortbread crust and merange instead of whipped cream, but frankly the recipe I gave you tastes much better.

Some recipies also call for using key lime zest. Don't do it. key lime zest is extremely bitter. I ruined a pair of pies that way.

*You can squeeze your own key lime juice, but unless you have a mechanical squeezer, I highly recommend against it. The damn things are tiny, and you will wear out your arm reeming them otherwise. You might be able to buy key lime juice outside Florida, but you can get it online.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

OMG, thank you guys for this thread. I need this, in 47 years I think I spent a total of maybe six months NOT living with a woman (either Mom, a girlfriend or my soon to be (thank God) ex-wife) until my separation last June and in the last 15 months I have lost 65 lbs. I hope you guys will keep posting recipes cause my life may well depend on it. Can I ask questions?

Comment

ya know japh my green been cass doent consist of what you put in it i keep it simple Green beens mixed with cream of mushroom soup and the dried onions sprinkled on after it is baked
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
                            OMG, thank you guys for this thread. I need this, in 47 years I think I spent a total of maybe six months NOT living with a woman (either Mom, a girlfriend or my soon to be (thank God) ex-wife) until my separation last June and in the last 15 months I have lost 65 lbs. I hope you guys will keep posting recipes cause my life may well depend on it. Can I ask questions?
                            Just be warned that, statistically speaking, cooking your own well-prepared food runs a 1:100 chance of gay infecting you. Using garnish increases that risk.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Just be warned that, statistically speaking, cooking your own well-prepared food runs a 1:100 chance of gay infecting you. Using garnish increases that risk.

LMAO, thats okay DRose. Being that I suffer from chronic depression and therefore have a 1:6 chance of death by suicide I guess I can run the risk of developing frisky heels.

Actually, the type of women I like are turned on by a man that can prepare a nice meal. I can do exactly three. I need more bullets.

And I am tired of eating the same three meals over and over and over again.

Comment

Depression

Suicidal thoughts

Prozac

Hagan-Dazs Ice Cream

Comment

Working...
                                X