No announcement yet.

Another Apolyton Recipe Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasty emergency meal or for non-cooking types.

One bag Voila Teri-yaki Chicken or Beef. $.75 off Coupons routinely available, also often on sale down to $2.99.
    Two bags Lipton Beef or Chicken Lo Mein noodles. With double coupons, can often get for $0.55 pack.
    2 small cans mushrooms, 3/$1 on sale if lucky, otherwise (and better) 8 oz fresh mushrooms.
    One large - two medium onion, or two bunches green onion.
    Two large carrots, and 2 cups/volume frozen brocoli.
    Add bamboo shoots/baby corn/water chestnuts as desired.

Slice up onion. Sautee in oil with a little garlic. Add mushrooms. If using green onions, add both together (mushrooms and onions). When 2/3 done, add the Voila pack. Cook as directed, roughly ten minutes.

Seperately, measure just under three cups water into pot, boil. Add sliced up carrots, simmer for 5 minutes, add frozen brocoli, bring to boil. Add Lipton side - lo mein packs. Simmer for the directed six minutes.

Combine both dishes. Instant good Oriental-style dish, easy to make. This is one dish I developed for my wife, she was literally one of those people who could not do a cake mix when I met her.

From scratch dishes are MUCH better, but this works and is cheap w/coupons. Plus very little prep work.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
      Depression

Suicidal thoughts

Prozac

Hagan-Dazs Ice Cream
      I am past meds like Prozac and pick-me-ups like ice cream. Next stop=electric shock treatment.

Not a good place to be. I did toss my recently purchased .38 in a dumpster. I am TRYING.

Comment

Erm, probably should have put it somewhere safe, like a pawnshop.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Good though that you're recovering.

Now, back to sandwiches...

One thing I suggest NEVER making is this and eating it before bed:

white bread
          miracle whip or mayo
          ham
          mustard and salt
          roast meat
          mustard and salt
          ham
          mustard and salt
          roast meat
          mustard and salt
          ham
          miracle whip or mayo
          white bread

Without fail, if I make this at night, I DO NOT fall asleep. It tastes good, especially with pickles or relish, but for whatever reason it keeps me up. No upset stomach, no posterior discomfort, no kneeling before the porcelin god, just failure to sleep.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

you guys are to funny
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
              One thing I suggest NEVER making is this
              You could have stopped right there.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Man! I am defragging my HD, it's been about a year since I did it and it is over 24 hours now and it still isn't done (9% done)... peice of sheit! I hope this aint bad that I am on the internet and defragging, I wonder if I can play civ.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I haven't defragged my machine since I put a legit copy of WinXP on it. Maybe I'll let the PC do that while I sleep.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

All recipes you need... and dirty cheap.
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Wow, some of the recipes in this thread really remind of traditional American cuisine ...

- 3 scoops of lard
                      - some vegetables from a can
                      - a sack of Doritos
                      - 3 squirts of Cheez Whiz
                      - a can of Cream of Mushroom glop

Mix in a dish and bake it a while.

Really, for only slightly more effort than combining various forms of factory food you can use actual vegetables and other ingredients to make dishes with real flavor and nutrition. It need not require great effort. If you have time to bake a casserole dish of glop for an hour, you could also make simple, great-tasting healthy dishes.

Recomended:

www.epicurious.com

I learned a lot from this site, not only endless recipes but great cooking encyclopedia of materials, techniques, etc.

Other advice: like any other craft, having the right tools makes cooking vastly easier. A well-maintained bong is my personal favorite. Makes chopping garlic a little more fun.
                      Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Working...
                      X